Help with numbers

lilbrownpony

Hello

Does anyone know where I can find some statistics on Geocachers............. numbers of people involved, average age, favorite crisp flavour etc????

I really need some figures to complete a funding application and cant find anything anywhere.

I would be grateful for any little snippet of info you may have.

Thanks

1. Smokey bacon.

2. If you can't find the information from a Google search, you can safely make it up. The people reading your funding application have no idea either. I have successfully used this strategy when writing reports at work for the past 20+ years and it has saved me thousands of hours of work looking for figures which nobody will read or understand anyway. Sometimes I slip a couple of very rude words into my quarterly performance report to see if anyone's paying attention. Based on results to date, I can confirm that either they aren't paying attention, or they have some strange hobbies. :unsure:

3. Slightly less cynically: look at the bottom of the front page of this site; "There are 687,412 active caches worldwide. In the last 7 days, there have been 410,410 new logs written by 57,418 account holders." So about 85 people went caching in the last week for every 1000 caches in the world. Find the number of caches in the UK and you can guess roughly how many "active" cachers there are in the UK, as long as "went caching in the last 7 days" is a good enough definition.

Edited by sTeamTraen

... as long as "went caching in the last 7 days" is a good enough definition.

Will be quite an underestimate I fear! I for one haven't been caching in the last seven days.

So you can safely say that, "There are over 30,000 geocaches hidden around the U.K."

34877 now so approaching 35000 :D

Hello

This started out as an idea at a management meeting that I thought someone might be interested in. It didnt fit into anyone's job description so I took it on. It is only now that I realise how lucky I am to have stumbled onto something that I really enjoy and so I do now know how lucky I am to be filling in grant forms for caching!

If this all comes off the cachers in Essex will have something very nice to look forward to................

ta to all those that have helped direct so far.

Jo