TB's and EarthCaches

cincol

You cannot log bugs through webcam caches either.

I've never heard any formal declaration from Groundspeak but as it has been explained to me the reason you can't you cannot log a TB through an earthcache is because there is no physical container. Virtual caches were Grandfathered in, and there are no new virtual caches being approved.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I suspect it is because logging a trackable "into" an EarthCache implies there is a physical container.

A lot of people have worked very hard to assure land managers there is no physical container with an EarthCache. New cachers sometimes email me to say they "did all the other stuff, but couldn't find the container to log their find" as well. So apparently, it isn't a obvious as we'd like to think that EarthCaches have no container.

If people were logging physical items in association with the spot, it could only lead to more confusion.

I suspect it is because logging a trackable "into" an EarthCache implies there is a physical container.

If people were logging physical items in association with the spot, it could only lead to more confusion.

Well, I'm still confused vis-a-vis virtuals!! :D;)