WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE A COIN AND CANT LEAVE IT IN ANOTHER GEOCACHE

Haven489

Please i have a geocoin and need to drop it off should i make a new cache and put it in or find a near by cache and then leave it, but when i tried to log it the number was invallid WHY!

zeros and o's look a lot alike...try both: ones and I the same...I hate to admit it, but I also find it easier to check numbers using a magnifying glass, or my nephew...whichever is easier to grab!

It might not be activated then you could activate it. Also check the numbers because sometimes it is hard to know whether it is a zero or an o. B's and 8's get mixed up. If it is an unactivated coin you don't have to place it in a cache. You can start your collection with it.

forgot about b's and 8's...oh well, I tried

Please i have a geocoin and need to drop it off should i make a new cache and put it in or find a near by cache and then leave it, but when i tried to log it the number was invallid WHY!

The advice you've gotten is excellent -- the most troublesome parts of the numbers is that some of them look alike (0/O, 8/B, 1/I, etc). Keep trying. If you still can't figure out, I'd highly recommend taking a photo of it and then sending an email to Eartha via her Groundspeak profile. See if you can arrange to email her the photo. She'll be able to help you out.

Don't post the picture anywhere, though -- or, at least, don't post a picture that has the tracking number visible. You don't want people to "virtually" log your coin (or grabbing it from you, or doing any of the other number of things you can do when you have a traveler's tracking number).