Totally Confused About Activation

bbyparit

WHen I bought the GeoCaching DVD online, it came with a GeoCoin.

I followed the directions for activating the coin online at xsnrg.geocoin.net.

That site asked for my geocaching ID, I hoped that would link it back to my geocaching account. It didn't.

So I went to the Geocaching.com site and went to try to activate the coin there; but it wants an activation code. I didnt see an activation code.

I have already dropped the coin off in a cache because I believed I had activated the coin properly.

I understand there might be rogue coins out there, but this one came from the DVD I purchased.

Any ideas about what is going on? If I have to, I can probably pick the coin back up as the cache was not a very active one. I left the coin in hopes of driving someone to it.

Thanks.

id go get it untill you know its activated,

what coins is it?

is it trackable on geocaching.com or just trackable

usually you have to go to the site where the coin was produced from to get the activation code,, you activate it on the geocaching site, and then set up the page,,, do you remember setting up a page,,, tho on the other hand it might be trackable on another site..?

WHen I bought the GeoCaching DVD online, it came with a GeoCoin.

I followed the directions for activating the coin online at xsnrg.geocoin.net.

That site asked for my geocaching ID, I hoped that would link it back to my geocaching account. It didn't.

So I went to the Geocaching.com site and went to try to activate the coin there; but it wants an activation code. I didnt see an activation code.

I have already dropped the coin off in a cache because I believed I had activated the coin properly.

I understand there might be rogue coins out there, but this one came from the DVD I purchased.

Any ideas about what is going on? If I have to, I can probably pick the coin back up as the cache was not a very active one. I left the coin in hopes of driving someone to it.

Thanks.

I went to the site (xsnrg.geocoin.net) and it looks like a pretty cool coin. However, it is only trackable there and not at geocaching.com. The next person to find it may think it is swag as it won't show up on the gc.com page to drive them to that cache. If you want to keep it I'd go back and get it.

Welcome to the forums!!

what coins is it?

usually you have to go to the site where the coin was produced from to get the activation code,, you activate it on the geocaching site, and then set up the page,,, do you remember setting up a page,,, tho on the other hand it might be trackable on another site..?

Yes. I activated it on the site listed on the coin itself. It is active. It's just not something I can attach to a cache or that is in my inventory. I just thought that since I bought it from, what I thought was, geocaching.com's DVD that they wouldn't have sent me something not able to be tracked in a cache. But the tracking is on and ready to run.

It is at:

http://xsnrg.geocoin.net/track.php?idnum=0176

what coins is it?

Yes. I activated it on the site listed on the coin itself. It is active. It's just not something I can attach to a cache or that is in my inventory. I just thought that since I bought it from, what I thought was, geocaching.com's DVD that they wouldn't have sent me something not able to be tracked in a cache. But the tracking is on and ready to run.

It is at:

http://xsnrg.geocoin.net/track.php?idnum=0176

I went to the site (xsnrg.geocoin.net) and it looks like a pretty cool coin. However, it is only trackable there and not at geocaching.com. The next person to find it may think it is swag as it won't show up on the gc.com page to drive them to that cache. If you want to keep it I'd go back and get it.

Welcome to the forums!!

No, I don't want to keep it at all. I want it to go do its thing. It does have a web site and a code on the coin itself so anyone who is curious would try to look it up I would think. Hope. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Welcome to the forums!!

No, I don't want to keep it at all. I want it to go do its thing. It does have a web site and a code on the coin itself so anyone who is curious would try to look it up I would think. Hope. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I realize that you've already released it, but if you were to get it back and wanted it to be trackable on geocaching.com, an option is to attach a travel bug dog tag to it -- Travel Bug numbers are trackable on geocaching.com. Or you could engrave the TB number around the edge with a Dremel (if you have steady hands), so that you didn't need the actual dog tag, though if you did that I'd recommend sticking a little label into the coin's plastic flap with the number and the coin's mission.