EarthCache Masters - Suspension till March 2009

geoaware

Dear All

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to process any submissions for EarthCache Masters status from 15 January 2009 till 1 March 2009. Please hold off submitting your application for EarthCache Masters status till after 1 March. Submissions between 15 January and 1 March will not be processed.

Submissions for EC Masters status received before 15 January 2009 will be processed, but may be delayed up to six weeks.

All EarthCache submissions will be reviewed and processed as usual during this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Geoaware and the EarthCache Masters team

Edited by geoaware

There is NO change for EarthCache submissions. Please continue to submit as normal. We are working through a backlog, but should be clear soon.

I want to thank you all for your support...and promise to have the EarthCache Masters Status process back in full swing by 1 March.

Geoaware

Edited by geoaware

My wife, hitehgal, sent in her submission for the platinum level on December 21 and received her pin on January 28. Not bad at all....we expected another 2-3 weeks at least, and 'gal was pleasantly surprized at what she considered an early arrival.

He must have his hands full, and we feel he is doing a mighty fine job. Keep up the good work. Looks like you may have to get some help with the popularity of EarthCaches growing as fast as they are.

Hang in there, Geoaware. We all appreciate the time and effort you put into this.

Steve

Thanks for everyone's understanding. For those who do not know, there is only two of us who approve all EarthCaches (reading every submission, checking permissions, working with developers etc) and administer the EarthCache Masters program (and that includes putting hundreds of pins into envelops and shipping them around the world). We do not do this full time....we have other programs and projects and February was a HUGE crunch time for us. We needed a little breathing space to meet some deadlines.

Things are now back to normal and we will get pins out to all those who have submitted them over the last few days.

Thanks again for all your support...its what makes EarthCaching fun.

Thanks for everyone's understanding. For those who do not know, there is only two of us who approve all EarthCaches (reading every submission, checking permissions, working with developers etc) and administer the EarthCache Masters program (and that includes putting hundreds of pins into envelops and shipping them around the world). We do not do this full time....we have other programs and projects and February was a HUGE crunch time for us. We needed a little breathing space to meet some deadlines.

Things are now back to normal and we will get pins out to all those who have submitted them over the last few days.

...as always thanks for all you do to make this the best cache type out there....

Just wanted to say "Thanksabunch" for all the hard work you guys do. It must be a lot of work involved but we all appreciate it immensely.

Be assured that you have our support and gratitude. Thanks a whole lot and keep up the good work.

Just catching up on the EC forum today and I would be remiss not to thank you guys for everything! :)

Just catching up on the EC forum today and I would be remiss not to thank you guys for everything! :blink:

I Agree :blink:

Just a note

I submitted one on the 16th march 7108 do you need this one re-submitting or will it be ok as I need to rejig some spelling etc before it went live :blink:

Dear All

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we will not be able to process any submissions for EarthCache Masters status from 15 January 2009 till 1 March 2009. Please hold off submitting your application for EarthCache Masters status till after 1 March. Submissions between 15 January and 1 March will not be processed.

Submissions for EC Masters status received before 15 January 2009 will be processed, but may be delayed up to six weeks.

All EarthCache submissions will be reviewed and processed as usual during this time.

I am not really responding to the above quote or at least to the date of message. What I would like to know is what is happening with approvals? I received an email today stating that something was going on we should allow another 10 business days for approvals? (two calendar weeks more?)

Can the 'problem" be shared? I am not complaining but something is amiss and it looks likes that ECs are becoming more and more popular thus maybe a little overwhelming? :o

Dear All

I am not really responding to the above quote or at least to the date of message. What I would like to know is what is happening with approvals? I received an email today stating that something was going on we should allow another 10 business days for approvals? (two calendar weeks more?)

Can the 'problem" be shared? I am not complaining but something is amiss and it looks likes that ECs are becoming more and more popular thus maybe a little overwhelming? :unsure:

At the risk of getting a slap in the hand due to this being off-topic, Maybe someone should open a thread about the possibility of individual country reviewers.

Is there any word on what is up with the approval process? There is the thought out there that it may be tied to the ALR ban announced by GC.com

Hey Geoaware,

Please tell us that the ALR ban has nothing to do with EC approvals! I can be patient if you guys are just behind but if ECs disapeared, I would jump off one of those 'outcrops' that you approved! :rolleyes:

(ALR=Additional Logging Requirements)

Cache Listing Guidelines Update:

"EarthCaches, remaining virtuals and remaining webcam caches are not affected by this guideline change. They do not have a physical container. They will continue to require some form of verification."

The delay in approval has nothing to do with ALR or any other gc.com issue. It is entirely an EC team issue. We are working hard to get things cleared this week as fast as we can.

Please be understanding and patient....we hate having the delays as much as you folks!

The delay in approval has nothing to do with ALR or any other gc.com issue. It is entirely an EC team issue. We are working hard to get things cleared this week as fast as we can.

Please be understanding and patient....we hate having the delays as much as you folks!

Thanks for the reply. I will sleep much better tonight. If any volunteer help can help, you know where we are. :rolleyes:

Lets us konw what we can do to reduce/share your work load.

Thank you for your job.