Where do people hide caches in drive in restaurants?

Cowles33

I'm having a hard time finding a cache at a Sonic Drive In.

Where in the world would you hide something in a place like that?

The owner said that he has seen this type of hide in the past, and liked it.

Do people hide things in the menu boards?

I didn't want to go through the trash that was near by.

Anyone have any ideas?

TY

There are many places that a cache can be hidden. Hiding places include but are not limitd to; menu board (doubtful but maybe the owner is a cacher and allowed it), bushes in landscaping, flagpole, fencing around the lot, in a tree on the lot, lightpole skirt, etc, etc, you get the idea.

Which cache are you asking about? I can't guarantee you will get the exact location but most people are willing to assist without walking you right to it.

GC1KX6X

I didn't want to go that route yet. (asking the owner)

The googlemap picture has the arrow in the parking lot of this place.

There is a light pole and a trash can near by. I checked under the light pole skirt, and under the trash can. I did not go inside the trash can.

Just wanted to see if this was a popular hiding spot. (technique)

Where Why in the world would you hide something in a place like that?

Probably looking to get the bomb squad called out (Sorry, overflow from another forum discussion.)

That's what I read when I saw the thread title, came in here to answer that question, probably rudely :laughing: Before realizing that it said "where," which I probably can't provide any insight into :blink:

Good luck finding it, however!

Judging from the hint I think you should be looking on the menu board. Probably one of those tiny black nanos stuck in a spot that makes it hard to see. Wish that was near me, I'd love to look for that one!

There isn't a Sonic within 300 miles of me, or even one anywhere in my State (NY) that I know of. Yet I see their commercials constantly on TV.

This is a good thing though. No Sonic = no nano's at sonic. :antenna:

There isn't a Sonic within 300 miles of me, or even one anywhere in my State (NY) that I know of. Yet I see their commercials constantly on TV.

This is a good thing though. No Sonic = no nano's at sonic. :laughing:

I'm in a different state with the same situation!!!! It keeps making me wonder if they are sewing the seeds of conquest for our area or just getting our attention as "that place which advertises here for no reason"? It does sort of make you want to go to one, just to say you have after seeing it for so many years without one in sight! It makes it stick out in your mind more than places with ACTUAL LOCATIONS around, I suppose. Seeing as we both noticed it (and many others) there probably is a method to their madness.

This is a good thing though. No Sonic = no nano's at sonic. :D

I'm in a different state with the same situation!!!! It keeps making me wonder if they are sewing the seeds of conquest for our area or just getting our attention as "that place which advertises here for no reason"? It does sort of make you want to go to one, just to say you have after seeing it for so many years without one in sight! It makes it stick out in your mind more than places with ACTUAL LOCATIONS around, I suppose. Seeing as we both noticed it (and many others) there probably is a method to their madness.

WE just got our first Sonic this year, stopped at a lot while motorcycling in the midwest

This is a good thing though. No Sonic = no nano's at sonic. :D

WE just got our first Sonic this year, stopped at a lot while motorcycling in the midwest

I have a similar situtation too except with a different fast food place, Red Robin. I live in Mississippi and every so often I'll start seeing a bunch of RR commercials where I live. The only thing is is that there are no Red Robins anywhere IN Mississippi.

As for the question at hand, unfortunately I don't really have any ideas other than possibly one. Maybe it's underneath one of the tables that are located in front of the building where the employees come from? Likely not, but it's the only suggestion I didn't notice.

This is a good thing though. No Sonic = no nano's at sonic. :blink:

I bet the CARHOP knows :D

I have a similar situtation too except with a different fast food place, Red Robin. I live in Mississippi and every so often I'll start seeing a bunch of RR commercials where I live. The only thing is is that there are no Red Robins anywhere IN Mississippi.

As for the question at hand, unfortunately I don't really have any ideas other than possibly one. Maybe it's underneath one of the tables that are located in front of the building where the employees come from? Likely not, but it's the only suggestion I didn't notice.