Transfering Cache to GPS?

jbuffethed

Hey guys, new guy here.

I have a Garmin Legend. Today I transfered a cache to my gps. I get out to what should have been an easy find and I cannot find it. I noticed some other cachers close by, but they were a little off from me. I came home and double checked the coordinates and for some reason, they were wrong. Does this happen often?

I will normally print out the cache page so I have the coordinates or clue if I need it, but we were just running to the store.

Anyone else run into this? is it rare?

You were hand loading the coords, most logical explanation is that you just misentered a number or two.

No. I used the Garmin Communicator. Thats why I am in question here. If I hand loaded, then yes, I could see myself possibly loading it wrong, but I used the send to GPS feature on the webpage.

You were hand loading the coords, most logical explanation is that you just misentered a number or two.

No. I used the Garmin Communicator. Thats why I am in question here. If I hand loaded, then yes, I could see myself possibly loading it wrong, but I used the send to GPS feature on the webpage.

This happened to a Garmin user I was out caching with last month. One cache he had loaded (I think using Communicator - it wasn't by hand, I know that for sure) had bad coordinates, off by about 1/8 mile.

This happened to a Garmin user I was out caching with last month. One cache he had loaded (I think using Communicator - it wasn't by hand, I know that for sure) had bad coordinates, off by about 1/8 mile.

Wow, I was only off a few hundred feet because I saw someone else come up and leave, but got too dark for my son and I to be tracking through the brush.

Has anyone officially reported this to Groundspeak and Garmin so it can get fixed?

Sounds like it's happened to at least 3 people. The question becomes whether it's a bug in Garmin Communicator, affecting only Garmin users, or the GC.com side, where it could potentially affect DeLorme users as well when their plug-in is released.