Help with types of caches?

ToasterEater

Well i went of caching today, and i went to the exact to coordinate of this cache...(link at bottom of page),. Well im one of aout four people who couldnt find it... And some of the comments say:"Ive have seen this kind before" well im trying to figure out which kind that would be. The coordinates led me to a parking lot curb, with a tree right next to it...

What type could this be?

I know you cant really help if you havnt seen it personally, but is there anywhere on this site where i can find types of caches, cause frankly, when theres not many clues given, i have a hard time.

Thank :) s

Well i went of caching today, and i went to the exact to coordinate of this cache...(link at bottom of page),. Well im one of aout four people who couldnt find it... And some of the comments say:"Ive have seen this kind before" well im trying to figure out which kind that would be. The coordinates led me to a parking lot curb, with a tree right next to it...

What type could this be?

I know you cant really help if you havnt seen it personally, but is there anywhere on this site where i can find types of caches, cause frankly, when theres not many clues given, i have a hard time.

Thank :) s

It is no doubt a traditional - container with a logbook at the co-ordinates listed. But you knew that. The comments are more about the type of hide rather than the type of cache. It sounds like a evil hide, one that is designed to make it hard to spot. Oh, and yes, I've seen one like that before :D

Jim

There are 3 main cache types. Traditional, where the cache is at the posted coordinates, Multi, where the cache has multiple stages and puzzle/mystery, where you may need to solve a puzzle or something similar to find the cache. Cache types are explained here.

I think the person who wrote that log was saying that he saw that style of hide and/or container before. Not knowing what he's seen before, there is no way anybody but the person who wrote that log can help you.

There are 3 main cache types. Traditional, where the cache is at the posted coordinates, Multi, where the cache has multiple stages and puzzle/mystery, where you may need to solve a puzzle or something similar to find the cache. Cache types are explained here.

I think the person who wrote that log was saying that he saw that style of hide and/or container before. Not knowing what he's seen before, there is no way anybody but the person who wrote that log can help you.

oh heres the link to the cache, you can look at the sattelite view of the map.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cd-0110941e9825

OP, the cache listing says it's a pill bottle, so if you have ever taken meds, you know the approximate size and diamter of the cache.

Two things that new folks tend to forget- first, things are not always what they appear to be and second, all caches are not on the ground.

Well, there was a "birds nest" in that tree... DANG!\

Thnaks

Since the cache page says it's a film canister and it's on the edge of a parking lot, my initial thought would be a lightpole skirt lifter. You saying there was a tree near GZ and others saying they have seen this kind before makes me change and think more like a film canister with a fake leaf wrapped around it & hanging in the tree.

Since the cache page says it's a film canister and it's on the edge of a parking lot, my initial thought would be a lightpole skirt lifter. You saying there was a tree near GZ and others saying they have seen this kind before makes me change and think more like a film canister with a fake leaf wrapped around it & hanging in the tree.

Well, there was a light pole near it...

But the tree was right there, went a second time, saw the birds nest in the tree but there where WAY to many muggles, because of the town meeting being held there tonight...UGH!

It was like 12 feet up in the treee, but pretty easily climbable..

Toaster, if you have to climb on the limbs and take a chance on breaking or damaging them, I probably would pass this one by. I just won't damage plants or tear up landscaping.

If you truly think it is in the nest, look for other ways of retrieving it. Don't focus on the nest, though. I can think of half a dozen other hides that would fit the size in the listing that might be in,on or near a tree, not to mention the parking lot or sitting areas.

Good luck!

Toaster, if you have to climb on the limbs and take a chance on breaking or damaging them, I probably would pass this one by. I just won't damage plants or tear up landscaping.

If you truly think it is in the nest, look for other ways of retrieving it. Don't focus on the nest, though. I can think of half a dozen other hides that would fit the size in the listing that might be in,on or near a tree, not to mention the parking lot or sitting areas.

Good luck!

Yeah, theres also a chance it just isnt there.

Theres like 120 people who have found it, and i think by now if it were in that nest, the nest wouldnt be there any more.

Thanks

But the tree was right there, went a second time, saw the birds nest in the tree but there where WAY to many muggles, because of the town meeting being held there tonight...UGH!

Because of the D/T is a 2/1.5 I would bet it isn't that high up in the tree that you need to climb it. I would be thinking a better camouflage job than out of 'normal' reach.

Good luck!

Definitely have to agree with this. No smiley is worth damaging a tree by climbing it or disturbing an actual bird's nest.

Because of the D/T is a 2/1.5 I would bet it isn't that high up in the tree that you need to climb it. I would be thinking a better camouflage job than out of 'normal' reach.

Good luck!

Definitely have to agree with this. No smiley is worth damaging a tree by climbing it or disturbing an actual bird's nest.

Ok Thanks.

No need to climb a tree for this one. I know where it is from here in Indiana.

Trust us, if we give you enough hints to help you figure this one out, if will spoil your fun. You will enjoy this one if you find it on your own, though.

Lol, is it under the lamp post skirt next to the tree?

Thats what im thinking...

Your description of where you were and the map available from the link on the cache page agree. The photo was not taken in good light so I can't see the shadow of the lampposts, but it should be ten parking spaces from the western end of the lot by the southern curbing. Since it's a film canister it's probably not an evil hide.