REQ: Cache with a friend

GeoBeer

Hi,

Once again. This functions NEEDS to be implemented!!!

A simple sort of checkbox where you can check friends you want to cache with. And then only see caches you and your friends have not found yet. So you can all do caches you didn't found yourself, together.

And not need to communicate for ages to found a cache you all havent found.

Come on, help me get publicity / support to get ourselves this useful function on geocaching.com!

Reply to this post if you want this function too.

Its not rocket science, so can be implemented quite fast, and its useful.

Regards.

Edited by GeoBeer

Hi, please bump your other thread that's in the appropriate forum (Geocaching.com Web Site), instead of creating a new thread in this forum. :(

Thanks. I did.

Only 2 replies on the previous one, thats strange. Is the rest of the world caching on their own? Here at work we cache together :P

I will report this post to be removed. Thanks

-- Hmm, the second try to report something I get a timeout too.

---

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in PATH\class_db_mysql.php on line 457 PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 45 seconds exceeded in PATH\ipsclass.php on line 1111

---

Edited by GeoBeer

A lot of people have discussed this over time, in other threads. Perhaps that's why the response is low right now. To me, and perhaps others, it seems that Groundspeak knows that cachers would like this function, and would implement this in the future if they can. That sort of thing will probably have to wait for a bigger release somewhere down the line. It would probably be a part of the friend feature, but we'll see.

A lot of people have discussed this over time, in other threads. Perhaps that's why the response is low right now. To me, and perhaps others, it seems that Groundspeak knows that cachers would like this function, and would implement this in the future if they can. That sort of thing will probably have to wait for a bigger release somewhere down the line. It would probably be a part of the friend feature, but we'll see.

Thnx 4 the response.

Hmmmm....do you know if there is a way to 'promote' this feature (like voting or something)? Or some other way to get it higher on the feature request list?

Well, the friends 'functionality' has been around for quite a while, basically offering not much but a page with the number of finds of the people you listed as friends. I don't think there is too much more going to happen there soonish :-(

But yes, I would really really love that feature

Thnx 4 the response.

Hmmmm....do you know if there is a way to 'promote' this feature (like voting or something)? Or some other way to get it higher on the feature request list?

I don't think that there's any way to officially "vote", really. But obviously, the more people who want the feature, the more likely they'll probably be to take it seriously. When they make major updates to the site in the future, they'll probably take those things into consideration, along with their own plans for what has the highest priorities.

Well, the friends 'functionality' has been around for quite a while, basically offering not much but a page with the number of finds of the people you listed as friends. I don't think there is too much more going to happen there soonish :-(

But yes, I would really really love that feature

I know it feels like it's taking a long time. I'm trying to patiently wait for some features that may be coming someday, too. :( I know that Groundspeak is working hard all the time on this site, and I'm confident that some of these things will show up someday. :P