What Was In THE CACHE Today! (cache and release coins)

Savoy

We have a thread for stories and pictures of geocoins that arrived in your mailbox - usually for trades or purchases, but what about those WONDERFUL coins that you find in an actual cache that you DIDN"T keep - perhaps in was activated and on a mission, unactivated and you decided to leave it for the next person, etc.

Post your pictures and stores of coins you found in caches and sent on their way.

Though not a full 'coin-test', I have marked several coins on my "wish to see" list - (I like seeing the coins, but really don't keep too many in a collection). If their picture/story appears in this thread, I'll send a Unity Dragon Coin as a 'thanks for sharing' award.

OK... I'm out to do some caching, perhaps I'll be the first to post! B)

Thanks for starting this thread! I've seen a lot of nice coins in caches and helped them travel on in the last few months. But the 'what was in your mailbox today' is not the right place to post pictures of them, so I'm glad with this opportunity and curious to see which coins other cachers find during caching.

I'll post pictures of the coins I discovered in caches this weekend later, but first this one:

6ecd33b9-c846-460d-9a8b-7e207aa63f04.jpg

I discovered it in a cache in Delft (that's also the city where the white/blue dutch pottery or 'Delfts Blauw' origintaes from), the Netherlands last November and think it looks absolutely amazing!!

Li-Z

Edited by Li-Z

I found this coin last week in a cache in the historic city center of Leiden, the Netherlands. I placed it in a cache in the dunes two days ago. It's a beautiful coin, I had not seen it before.

**images***

That is a cool coin - Thanks for sharing it! I wouldn't mind running into one of those myself, but there isn't one ANYWHERE near here.

85b7bd82-cc91-47b5-9fd9-c9e177835584.jpg

i found this coin in a cool cache done by the boys scouts it was a "T" cache made from pvc pipe and had 3 compartments, and it was like 2 ft long both ways, and took me a good hour to find,, i was very impressed, i left my first untrackable for the next to find. it is the loggerhead christmas coin,, very nice!!

29711986-2885-4417-bc00-f9c6c9ef94e4.jpg

4e316005-2c98-4009-a1c3-051b587eb819.jpg

this was my first coin ,,found in a cache when we were on a small vacation, ,, this is the coin that did it for me,, what a coin to find ,, i still dream of the day i will be able to enjoy one of theese coins for my collection.

this specific version should not be found in a collection as it was made strickly for traveling!!

what a beaut!!

edit to add its a belted kingfisher 2 tone copper- -gold

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

That Turtle is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

DJ.J.ROCK, I wish I had that "first coin" too... it was a Signal coin... but I'm not sure which.

Truth is, I didn't know what it was until after the fact!

This went into the Oasis Cache today:

eee620d3-ea89-4db0-8654-7342637cd4a6.jpg

Along with this...

728baa0d-00c7-4ab7-929d-f62601936730.jpg

and for whoever wants it...

27d22d1d-7311-4e6b-bde7-f5ae4ddfe98a.jpg

Edited by Savoy

Well... I should have called this thread "what 'should have been' in the cache today" :laughing: Before I left the Memphis area, I purposely went after three caches that should have had some interesting coins in them - but unfortunately, they were already AWOL.

I'm going to hit a few places tomorrow that should have a coin or two... I hope to find and post them tomorrow.

BTY, all the coins in the Oasis Cache that I placed yesterday have all be discovered or picked up! Wow, that was quick.

- Savoy

I found this today in the Rising Cache (GC1MCN8) near Barra Beach - Brazil, the OusKonNe & Cetyla Geocoin (TB26G8A) - WOW, this thing has some kilometers/miles on it!!

imga0032.jpg

imga0033b.jpg

The other coin I tried to visit today was not in the cache (must have been 'dipped').

- Savoy

Edited by Savoy

What did I find in a cache today? One of Geo.errors travelling coins :-)))

615ce5d1-be44-45d1-976e-6ebeeeddbf63.jpg

d5bee0bf-a28c-4f9c-9450-e96706a3202f.jpg

It's in GCD897 now! In a cache on a hill with nice views... Hills are kind of rare in the normally flat Netherlands. This 'hill' is a an old dumpsite which is now a nature park with walking trails, mountainbike paths and wild sheep and horses....

It's in GCD897 now! In a cache on a hill with nice views... Hills are kind of rare in the normally flat Netherlands. This 'hill' is a an old dumpsite which is now a nature park with walking trails, mountainbike paths and wild sheep and horses....

Really nice coin that is, I am lucky enough to have one next to me which I am going to move on soon.

Wow, Li-z, thank you very much for placing the photos by this coin :blink::blink:

And thank for your fast traveling :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It is sure fun to see my own coin here in geocaching forum. :)

:rolleyes: Dank je wel :rolleyes:

And this one I didn't find, but is one of my own that I sent travelling the same day:

1f43a6d3-4a93-4902-9910-2a6f091ee2bf.jpg

I would have LOVED to have one of these; I'm living in South America now and those themes (esp. one so well done) really resonate with me; Great job!

I found these in a cache (Barra Woods Cache - Rio, Brazil) but they weren't logged as being out of the USA... so, I've picked them up, and moved them to another more often frequented cache so they can keep moving.

Cache Me if you Can

imga0202.jpgimga0203.jpg

and "Traveling Coin" (I think)

imga0204.jpgimga0205.jpg

I really like the mostly metal coins... they have an 'early' geocoin feel. Very classy!

- Savoy

Edited by Savoy

And this one I didn't find, but is one of my own that I sent travelling the same day:

1f43a6d3-4a93-4902-9910-2a6f091ee2bf.jpg

I would have LOVED to have one of these; I'm living in South America now and those themes (esp. one so well done) really resonate with me; Great job!

Yes, it's a beautiful coin! I don't now who designed it, but it's very well done. I've visited a lot of mayan and aztec sites in Guatemala and Mexico, so I really like the theme. And, it's a functional coin, because you can use it as a suncompass :-) Good thing is, they're still for sale at www.geocoinshop.de ! (altough only the AS version).

I picked up a Pure. Geocoin (white) from one of Hollora's caches this past Sunday. Originating in Austria, this coin has the ambitious goal of traveling across the US to Cupertino, California to have it's picture taken outside Apple Headquarters, and then head back to Austria.

Cool Mission. My first ever Mission partner and I have each released a coin (1 in California and 1 in New York) with the goal of reaching each other's cache across the country.

When I was caching in Australia, I found some nice coins in caches:

A TB with a Hungarian coin attached to it. It looks like it's handmade, very cool!

a370fed3-6166-47fd-8c54-25d318ca2a3d.jpg

1ee2f4b2-5f24-435e-a67b-29407624cc42.jpg

A triple dragon coin. Found this coin in Karijini National Park, Western Australia and took it with me to put in a cache in the Netherlands

8a98e773-af12-45a0-9e9a-f4e63a600000.jpg

61a945b1-3c59-4487-9b77-1193894fe2c3.jpg

A 'come together' coin (hmmm forgot to take a close up photo of the coin, sorry....)

9446066e-3647-49fa-812c-ab59ba3229ed.jpg

And found this cape god geocoin in a cache in the Netherlands last week

e6ef76e9-93fb-4404-b16b-879a06b76a43.jpg

And dropped some of my own coins in caches in Australia to let them travel:

9f56d27c-504c-4c47-8168-2beb535a3228.jpg

4b4c7203-f06d-47d6-96f4-9301a716ab61.jpg

Edited by Li-Z

Caching finds have been great recently!

I released a Look Twice for bikes coin:

1eebf37b-ed7f-446c-a424-280d130a50f2.jpg

Then it turned into a Vegas Gamblers Top 40 coin, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

That got swapped for a Coast Guard coin, so appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend.

cg.jpg

Then that swapped out for a Night Caching coin

cache1.jpg

There was also a motorcycle TB that made me think of the Todie's Wild Ride thread.

cache2.jpg

Glad to see so many coins in the caches I have been to!

Caching finds have been great recently!

I released a Look Twice for bikes coin:

1eebf37b-ed7f-446c-a424-280d130a50f2.jpg

Then it turned into a Vegas Gamblers Top 40 coin, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

That got swapped for a Coast Guard coin, so appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend.

cg.jpg

Then that swapped out for a Night Caching coin

cache1.jpg

There was also a motorcycle TB that made me think of the Todie's Wild Ride thread.

cache2.jpg

Glad to see so many coins in the caches I have been to!

Coins we found in one afternoon of caching. Best of all, the coins that were listed in the caches were actually all there.

1f38aaa4-7a16-4935-b9ae-bf0200a7c748.jpg

Awesome! I 'should have' run into around 5 coins in the caches I visited this week... but none were there. I did run into a 'hybrid' coin and few TBs.

The "Unite for Diabetes" (TB1B64Q) was there, so I'm moving it back 'on course.' It a little non-trackble coin with a TB tag - a neat, simple little coin with a wonderful message.

Well Savoy the last log we had we found numerous coins in the caches and all the caches that had coins listed actually had the coins. Today it was back to the normal. We found 7 caches and one DNF (which we had found before and were looking for again because there is a gem in a local contest - the whole cache is missing). There were 26 listed trackables in these caches and we found a total of 3 actual trackable items. What is the problem? Are people stealing these TB and coins or just that bad at logging them in. Here is a picture of the only coin that we found today.

5bba5251-298d-4ec9-888f-139134963eab.jpg

Well Savoy the last log we had we found numerous coins in the caches and all the caches that had coins listed actually had the coins. Today it was back to the normal. We found 7 caches and one DNF (which we had found before and were looking for again because there is a gem in a local contest - the whole cache is missing). There were 26 listed trackables in these caches and we found a total of 3 actual trackable items. What is the problem? Are people stealing these TB and coins or just that bad at logging them in. Here is a picture of the only coin that we found today.

5bba5251-298d-4ec9-888f-139134963eab.jpg

It's upsetting people are stealing, and we, the honest cachers are financing it. Even worse is that it takes some of the enjoyment out of "the game." Those who enjoy moving coins for others are denied, and we are denied seeing all these coins.

Well, I did come across a coin and a TB, but I was quick to drop them and didn't get pictures first.

The coin was a Fallen Heroes coin.

fallen-heroes150.jpg

This one?

Wow.... that is a wonderful looking coin.

Wow, that is nice, but not the one I found. The one I found was a Fallen Heroes coin that paid tribute to a soldier fallen in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Good weekend of caching 8 finds 1 dnf some very long walks with my favorite person (my wife). Only one cache had coins in it, moved one so fast didn't take a picture, wish I had a, nice looking coin "Flying V" here is the one I'll move on shortly (as soon as my cache is published)

P1010246.jpg

Both were found in a fun cache named "Crazy Bird 2" it contained a coo coo bird, quite the surprise :o .

While caching in Wyoming last week, I picked up a 2003 USA coin that had been out in the wild for going on 6 years and I was only the second cacher other then the owner to log it. That was just incredible.

Chris-Team Shydog

Wow! Was it a keeper or are you moving it? Too bad you didn't have a pic?

While caching in Wyoming last week, I picked up a 2003 USA coin that had been out in the wild for going on 6 years and I was only the second cacher other then the owner to log it. That was just incredible.

Chris-Team Shydog

Wow! Was it a keeper or are you moving it? Too bad you didn't have a pic?

I will be moving it along in the near future. Just have to find the right cache to drop it in.