Forum Trafic

redjada

No it's not just you this seems to be a frequent problem with me. For example at around 23:00 - 00:00 ish GMT yesterday/ today I couldnt even get in to the fourms let alone the UK ones for about an hour due to 45 sec time outs and the data base has reported an error 'too many conections' stuff.

I have mentiond this before (threds here and here) Iit is realy iirritating, so I asume TPTB are aware but unfortunatly I have yet to find out what if anything is being done to correct this. It has been happerning to me since I joined in November and seems to have gotten worse in the last few days. :laughing:

But I expect that if enougth pepole who are experinanceing(?) this mention, it in this fourm then we might have some indication as to when this might be fixed.

Question to GSP: how and when might this be fixed? (if you would be so kind)

Edit for GSP info if rquired:

Running;

IE7

Vista x64

16mbs broadband reporting as 15125kbs

Edited by Hampshire_Hog

Having worked with numerous forum softwares and their code over the past few years, I'm going to have to say it's the software. IPB just doesn't run well with a forum this size. In fact, it's near the bottom of my list of recommended software to use.

I could go into this a lot further, but that's about as far as most people will read on the topic of "forum software stability and ease-of-use".