How many countries have a cache in them

wallaby_meisje

1. Lots of countries have caches.

2. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Do a search by country or find out coordinates for any cities you wish to visit and that will give you an idea of how many are in the area you plan to visit. Some places have excellent public transport or plenty of caches within walking distance of where you are likely to stay so this will make it easier to find caches. Other countries have their pages in languages other than English, they may have less caches, less public transport and so caching could be harder. On the other hand if there is a cache there it is never impossible to find it (unless muggled :) ). :D

Tuvalu

Turkmenistan

Tokelau

Tonga - 1 virtual cache only

That's all the countries starting with the letter T with no caches. Anyone else want to search the others, please post results here.

Ethiopia has four. One is a 5/5 near the lip of an active volcano. One is in a store in a small village that has only been found one time. One is along the side of a remote road that has never been found (but has one DNF). The fourth is in Addis Ababa and is 2 miles from where I will almost certainly be spending 4 days at the end of March.

Tuvalu

Turkmenistan

Tokelau

Tonga - 1 virtual cache only

That's all the countries starting with the letter T with no caches. Anyone else want to search the others, please post results here.

Here is a list of countries with 4 or fewer caches. It was produced from the country select list on the Hide and Seek a Cache page.

Countries with no caches: 27

Countries with one cache: 18

Countries with two caches: 22

Countries with three caches: 16

Countries with four caches: 12

A lot of these caches have never been found.

Algeria 3

American Samoe 2

Anguilla 3

Armenia 3

Azerbaijan 4 (3 are disabled)

Belarus 1

Benin 0

Bhutan 1

Bonaire 4

Bouvet Island 0

Brunei 2

Burkina Faso 4

Burundi 0

Burxina 0

Camaroon 2 (both virtuals)

Central African Republic 0

Chad 0

Christmas Island 0

Cocos (Keeling) Islands 0

Comoros 0

Congo 1

Cook Islands 2

Democratic Republic of the Congo 1

Djibouti 3

Dominica 2

East Timor 4

Equatorial Guinea 2

Eritrea 1

Ethiopia 4

Falkland Islands 2

French Guiana 4

French Southern Territories 0

Gabon 0

Georgia 1

Grenada 3

Guinea 0

Guinea-Bissau 0

Guyana 3

Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands 0

Ivory Coast 0

Kiribati 2 (1 earth, 1 virtual)

Liberia 0

Macau 3

Madagascar 3

Malawi 2 (neither has been found)

Martinique 2

Mauritania 3

Mayotte 0

Moldovia 4

Monaco 1

Montserrat 1

Nauru 0

New Caledonia 3

Niger 4

Nigeria 2

Niue 4

Palau 3 (all earthcaches)

Papua New Guinea 3

People Den Rep Yemen 0

Pitcairn Islands 0

Reunion 1

Rwanda 2

Saint Helena 4

Saint Lucia 1

Samoa 1 (virtual)

San Marino 2

Sao Tome and Principe 2

Sierra Leone 1 (virtual)

Solomon Islands 2

Somalia 0

South Georgia and Sandwich Islands 1

St Barthelemy 4

St Eustatius 1 (earthcache)

St Kitts 2

St Pierre Miquelon 0

St Vince Grenadines 3

Sudan 3 (none of them found)

Syria 2

Tajikistan 2

Togo 1

Tokelau 0

Tonga 1 (virtual)

Turkmenistan 0

Turks and Caicos Islands 3

Tuvalu 0

US Minor Outlying Islands 1

Uzbekistan 4 (one of them an event cache)

Vanuatu 2

Vatican City State 2

Wallis And Futuna Islands 2

Western Sahara 0

Yemen 2

Zaire 0

:laughing: Wow!

I don't think I'll be attempting the Ethiopian volcano cache any time soon...

That one sounds like it's in an amazing spot. Even though I'm going to be in Ethiopia at the end of March I'm still going to be 340 miles away from that cache.

Take a look at the "Jinka Cache", also in Ethiopia. Read the logs and look at the note posted on May 8, 2008, then check out the profile of the geocacher that logged it.

That one sounds like it's in an amazing spot. Even though I'm going to be in Ethiopia at the end of March I'm still going to be 340 miles away from that cache.

Take a look at the "Jinka Cache", also in Ethiopia. Read the logs and look at the note posted on May 8, 2008, then check out the profile of the geocacher that logged it.

1519645.jpg1519643.jpg1519644.jpg4131787.jpg

NYPaddleCacher - It appears that the majority of the people in Jinka are armed. If you don't make it back can I drive up to your place and have your Kayak? :laughing:

1519645.jpg1519643.jpg1519644.jpg4131787.jpg

NYPaddleCacher - It appears that the majority of the people in Jinka are armed. If you don't make it back can I drive up to your place and have your Kayak? :laughing:

I won't be anywhere near the Jinka cache but that one I want to grab has this in the listing:

"Due to the fact that this street is protected by some guards at night, it is not recommended to search the box in the dark."

If I don't make it back you can have my kayak. But you'll need to find a paddle. I'm taking my Werner foam core blade, carbon fiber paddle to my grave.

Has anyone done the two caches at CDG airport in Paris? I've got a three hour layover on the way back but wonder if I might be cutting it close if I have to go through immigration (out, then back in) and the security checkpoint on the way back into my gate.