Download Not Working

kimbotjr

Hi. I'm trying to download cache coordinates to my Garmin nuvi GPS by clicking on "Send to GPS" and it's not working. I receive "Can't get it to run? Try installing the latest plugin here." It's been about 4 weeks since I did our last download, but it worked every time previously. Any ideas?

You need to be a Premium Member. There was a glitch that opened it up to regular members briefly, but it (according to Groundspeak staff) was never intended to be available to non-Premium Members. The latest site update switched it back to the intended functionality.

I was going to ask the same question but thought I would check previous threads first. Thanks.

The glitch wasn't that brief however. I've been able to download to my unit for over a year...until today.

Time to look into Premium Membership.

I had the same problem just recently.

It is not to do with membership level but with the version of internet explorer.

Looks like they recently chanaged the site and it does not work with IE 6 any more.

Check what version you have

Upgrade to IE 7 and it seems to work again

I had the same problem just recently.

It is not to do with membership level but with the version of internet explorer.

Looks like they recently chanaged the site and it does not work with IE 6 any more.

Check what version you have

Upgrade to IE 7 and it seems to work again

Now that wouldn't be honest, would it? Permium membership is only $30.00 a year. It's a deal.

Oy!

No, you need to be a Premium Member. It's been changed. If you have it now as a Basic Member, it's a glitch and will be "fixed" soon.

Here's what OpinoNate posted in another thread (linked below).

(OpinioNate @ Feb 27 2009, 05:24 PM) *

Two things happening here.

1. Send to GPS is a Premium Member feature. It was never meant to be available to Basic Members but that was overlooked and supposed to have been restricted in the last release. Somehow the change was reversed but is scheduled to be fixed [again].

2. Send to GPS is not currently working in IE6. This is also scheduled to be fixed.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=215285

Please be assured I was not trying to bypass any rules and if it is restricted to Premium members then I am ok with this.

The Website however is NOT at all clear on this.

A cache page clear sates

"Greyed out links are only available to Premnium memebers"

GPX eXchanage File is greyed out so it is clear this is a Premium service

Send to GPS is NOT greyed out

The implication to those who may not have detailed knowledge of what is or is not included in Premium membership would therefore rightly expect this to be available and look to use it.

The added fact that it has been available and suddenly is not with no error message about it being restricted makes us look at other reasons why it does not work any more eg technology issue

Several other posts indicated that the change to Internet explorer 7 was the reasons for this - hence my post.

If it is meant to be restricted then I think it should be marked as such on the pages.

As it stands I think others like myself are assuming it is available to basic memebers.

Please be assured I was not trying to bypass any rules and if it is restricted to Premium members then I am ok with this.

The Website however is NOT at all clear on this.

A cache page clear sates

"Greyed out links are only available to Premnium memebers"

GPX eXchanage File is greyed out so it is clear this is a Premium service

Send to GPS is NOT greyed out

The implication to those who may not have detailed knowledge of what is or is not included in Premium membership would therefore rightly expect this to be available and look to use it.

The added fact that it has been available and suddenly is not with no error message about it being restricted makes us look at other reasons why it does not work any more eg technology issue

Several other posts indicated that the change to Internet explorer 7 was the reasons for this - hence my post.

If it is meant to be restricted then I think it should be marked as such on the pages.

As it stands I think others like myself are assuming it is available to basic memebers.

I have upgraded to premium but still doesn't work. I'm running IE8. Does anyone know if it's not compatible?

I think maybe something else changed. I'm running IE7 & yesterday it worked, but today I can click on the "send to GPS" - the dialogue box opens up, but then nothing....

If it's a premium service it should be greyed out - or, even better, maybe there should be a comparison page somewhere so it's clear what your $30 annually gets you. It's a little bit of the not knowing what you dont know thing if you ask me.

My two cents at least

I think maybe something else changed. I'm running IE7 & yesterday it worked, but today I can click on the "send to GPS" - the dialogue box opens up, but then nothing....

If it's a premium service it should be greyed out - or, even better, maybe there should be a comparison page somewhere so it's clear what your $30 annually gets you. It's a little bit of the not knowing what you dont know thing if you ask me.

I'm not sure if it is a PMO feature, since I use GSAK exclusively for sending waypoints to GPSr. Assuming it works with a regular account, the problem might be with a slow responding server at Groundspeak. One thing that premium membership does not get you is a more responsive server...

I totally agree that the button should be greyed out if it is premium member only. After all, that's what is done for the other buttons.