Nine

avroair

Nine is the natural number to follow 8 and precedes 10 ~ this year 09 09 09 falls on a Wednesday.

History

Nine is a composite number, its proper divisors being 1 and 3. It is 3 times 3 and hence the third square number. 9 is a Motzkin number. It is the first composite lucky number. Nine is the highest single-digit number in the decimal system. 9 = 1001 in binary.

The origin of the 9 integers can be attributed to the ancient Indian civilization, and was adopted by subsequent civilizations in conjunction with the 0. Nine is the atomic number of fluorine. A human pregnancy normally lasts nine months. Nine ball is the standard professional pocket billiards. Cats have 9 lives. "Love Potion No. 9 originally performed by The Clovers in 1955. The word "K-9" pronounces the same as canine and is used in many U.S. police departments to denote the police dog unit.

So anyone interested in participating in a multi-event, sharing the same coin but with different colors?

The winner of last years event in Idaho was supposed to host it here in Idaho but i have heard two others talking of doing it.

I am sure Idaho will have one and i will make sure to help in whatever way to make sure another Idaho coin is made.

Who ever host the event should be in charge of the coin as well for Idaho and i will help them on that if they need help.

I will keep you posted but Idaho should be involved like last year.

Thanks for taking this on again.

Edited by River Cacher

Arizona's first cache was placed on 09/09/2000. That makes this coming September 9th, it's 9th birthday. I'm working towards making that my 999th cache find. I'm looking at finding it at 9:09AM.

Then that evening there is a local park I found that has the last 4 digits in the longitude and latitude... so have the event there. I was also considering a coin with either a bow tie (for "dressed to the nine's for caching") or a 9-ball.

The winner of last years event in Idaho was supposed to host it here in Idaho but i have heard two others talking of doing it.

If they do not want to get the coin i may take care of it for our area.

I certainly hope that we have one over here close somewhere :) .

If they do not want to get the coin i may take care of it for our area.

I certainly hope that we have one over here close somewhere :) .

Maybe you can talk some of your locals into hosting one.

The one Idaho had so much work put into but not enough time for everyone to enjoy it.

Thinkin' about starting up a Geocaching group here in Misawa (the Tohoku Geocacher Association, or ToGA*). This is assuming that I can get through this month alive (too many "collateral duties"). If I and my confederate cachers can pull this off, we will definitely want to do something, and 09-09-09 sounds great. It'll probably be a CITO event. I'll shoot you an email when it looks like things might be firming up.

Edited to add:

----------------

*ToGA! ToGA! ToGA! ToGA!

Edited by Jackalgirl

I think Ontario should have an event. Hmmm...I might be able to organize something. I will do a bit of research on the subject and see what I come up with. When do you need to confirm participation by?

Maybe i could help Ontario is just across the river and border from me.

OH NO it is Ontario Canada for you and not Ontario Oregon. OOOPS

I'm up for the job of hosting one in Perth Western Australia, with enough notice we should get a few attending. But any idea what a minimum number of attendees might be needed to make it viable for the coin side of things?

Looking forward to trying to make this happen in our neck of the woods.

Count me in for a multi event. I hostess one here in Florence, SC for the Pee Dee Geocachers.

AG, would love to have you come on up from the beach. It would be great to meet you.

Already claimed SC further up in the thread (back in March) since I hosted the 8-8-08 leg last year in the ATL. So YOU'LL all need to come over to the beach :D

The events ranged anywhere from 20 to 100 cachers last year. California was one of the largest.

Edit added: here's the bookmark link to the offical multievents hosted last year for 8-8-08: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...2c-7d9deded935c

Edited by AtlantaGal

August 9th is a Sunday, which would make for possible better cacher turnout.

You need to get moving on this in early June if a coin and event pages are going to be posted in time.

Why would you want to do an event in August?

Cause obviously I can't count and I was thinking of last year :D

Edited by AtlantaGal

You need to get moving on this in early June if a coin and event pages are going to be posted in time.

I have made a proposal to our local group to fund this coin for a 09/09/09 event and the only hold up on approval is viewing the artwork. Any word on that yet? Our groups prez sez only that he hopes you will NOT be going with a 9-Ball theme - too obvious - and that last years design was very nice & original. :D We're having a board meeting this Wednesday. I'm hoping to have something to present.

CF30

I have made a proposal to our local group to fund this coin for a 09/09/09 event and the only hold up on approval is viewing the artwork. Any word on that yet? Our groups prez sez only that he hopes you will NOT be going with a 9-Ball theme - too obvious - and that last years design was very nice & original. :D We're having a board meeting this Wednesday. I'm hoping to have something to present.

CF30

I sent Mark a few theme ideas for the coin, but last I heard his internet wasn't hooked up at the house yet so he probably won't see them until Monday. I can say that none was a 9-ball or billards theme.

Probably won't see any art until mid to late June regardless tho since he hasn't even started it yet.

I have made a proposal to our local group to fund this coin for a 09/09/09 event and the only hold up on approval is viewing the artwork. Any word on that yet? Our groups prez sez only that he hopes you will NOT be going with a 9-Ball theme - too obvious - and that last years design was very nice & original. :) We're having a board meeting this Wednesday. I'm hoping to have something to present.

CF30

I sent Mark a few theme ideas for the coin, but last I heard his internet wasn't hooked up at the house yet so he probably won't see them until Monday. I can say that none was a 9-ball or billards theme.

Probably won't see any art until mid to late June regardless tho since he hasn't even started it yet.

Yeah, I know he just moved - Seattle, I think (lucky him).Thanks for the update, AG. :) The other request from one of the other officers is that any "9"s have lines under them so they cannot be mistaken for "6"s. Can't have a coin with 666 on it after all! :D:D:)

CF30

Here in SE Michigan we have a meet & greet scheduled for the second Wednesday of every month. For September that just happens to be on the 9th. That means we already have a place set up for it (Paneras) so it can be a go here! The regular cache page for these M&G events wouldn't have to be changed much at all.....Let me know what else is needed

Yeah I'll do a 9/9/09 at the SC beach this year :-)

I must not understand. Are we allowed only one meeting per state? I thought since it was a "multi" event, it would be local chapters having meetings. Is it a statewide? region wide? Please explain. Thanks!

PS... AG have you moved to our area? If so, Welcome!

Yeah I'll do a 9/9/09 at the SC beach this year :-)

I must not understand. Are we allowed only one meeting per state? I thought since it was a "multi" event, it would be local chapters having meetings. Is it a statewide? region wide? Please explain. Thanks!

PS... AG have you moved to our area? If so, Welcome!

It's WORLDWIDE. Our areas are not far enough apart to warrant more than one event. Look at the bookmarked list from last year to see. It's typically one event per state unless it's a big state and the two events are spread out somewhat. I'll push it to Conway and you can co-host it with me if you want.

I'll be in Surfside by 6/12.

Edited by AtlantaGal