Using the PN-40 GPS for geocaching

This video is for those considering purchasing the PN-40 for geocaching or for general use. I use the PN-40 for geocaching and have found it to be easy to navigate with on my adventures. The PN-40 offers some serious features that will make your geocaching adventures more enjoyable. Ive made this video to show you some of the geocaching features of the Earthmate PN-40. Enjoy!

visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W0vPKgd20Y

Thanks,

Jason :)

You're a good teacher--that was nicely organized.

I would have liked to see a sharper image on the screen. I understand you were limited by the equipment available to you...I was wondering if you put your camera into macro mode if it would get a better focus for those close-in shots. Just some thoughts if you do more--which I hope you will!

Thanks for your feedback! :D I'm looking at making some other videos about the PN-40 features along with some geocaching adventures I've had...these should be entertaining. :ph34r: First, I've got to look into the Macro Mode feature on my Kodak camera to make the close up shots clearer.

Thanks,

Out of curiosity, I was playing around with my camera (a Fuji FinePix S700). I discovered that on this model, at least, if it was in video mode I could not place it in macro mode. However, my camera *did* give a nice focus on those close in shots. Since yours had a good focus on the spider plant in the background, but not on the GPS screen, I was speculating that maybe you could specify a closer focus somehow.

I don't remember what your video looked like, but I could see in my experiment that a tripod for the camera and some sort of holder for the GPS would provide stability I couldn't provide holding things by hand.

I thought the sound quality of your video was quite good.