Yosemite Testing Earthcaches

TerryDad2

Although I sent Terry a private email expressing my admiration and astonishment for his success with the YNP Administration, I can't overemphasize what a breakthrough has been accomplished here.

Just out of curiosity, how are they measuring "success" with these three Listings in order to allow more submissions in the future?

We are so very pleased that Terry had the strength and persistence to work for so long to get these EarthCaches approved.

W have been working with the US National Park Service since EarthCaches were born to get approval withing the ranks. I think that this is a sign that people in NPS are seeing how wonderful EC can be to get people back to their parks.....

Thanks again Terry! Its a wonderful breakthrough!

... Good point, BUT I won't visit an area that dosen't have actual Geocache containers... unless its on my way to or from other Physical caches.

I.E. I won't drive down that road 20 Miles IF there's just an EC There. But If there were a Traditional or Multi that I had to hike a few miles to find, and there just happened to be an EC on the way to or from it, then I would enjoy the area more.

The Steaks

P.S. I know its NOT about the numbers, but I DO like my Traditional Geocaches!

Just out of curiosity, how are they measuring "success" with these three Listings in order to allow more submissions in the future?

That would be an unknown right now. As part of the process I wrote up a proposal that stated how the program would meet Yosemite's Centenial Plan. So if they don't straight out say the ECs are Ok, I'll return to that proposal, look at the logs and e-mail confirmations to see if what people say supports the assertions I made about ECs.

Not to sway anyone's log :D , but be sure to say you used the bus system, learned more than what was on the signs or park literature, connected with your family (kids especially), and had a better experience due to the ECs.

That would be an unknown right now. As part of the process I wrote up a proposal that stated how the program would meet Yosemite's Centenial Plan. So if they don't straight out say the ECs are Ok, I'll return to that proposal, look at the logs and e-mail confirmations to see if what people say supports the assertions I made about ECs.

They also didin't give a specific date to start the evaluation. I am going to go with when Tuolomne (sp) closes down for the season.

Not to sway anyone's log :D , but be sure to say you used the bus system, learned more than what was on the signs or park literature, connected with your family (kids especially), and had a better experience due to the ECs.

... Good point, BUT I won't visit an area that dosen't have actual Geocache containers... unless its on my way to or from other Physical caches.

Chacun à son goût, but if you're refusing to visit Yosemite National Park because it doesn't have any physical geocaches, you're only cheating yourself out of a once-in-a-lifetime experience! :P

Patty

Chacun à son goût, but if you're refusing to visit Yosemite National Park because it doesn't have any physical geocaches, you're only cheating yourself out of a once-in-a-lifetime experience! :)

Patty

I can name a few other places as well...

The review period for the Yosemite EarthCaches are over and it appears they passed with flying colors. They found no additional environmental impact from cache seekers. I included a report of all the logs, e-mails, and photos. They were impressed with the level of interest in the educational aspect of the program. They have expressed interest in having some more developed in the park.

That is great! We enjoyed your earthcaches in the Valley when we were there last October and it's hard to imagine any more fitting place for those. Thanks for your preserverence - I know that some of the national parks seem to put us through a lot to get the initial approval so it's particularly nice that they are asking for more.