2010 Official CITO date has been set

The official 2010 CITO Weekend will be on April 24 and 25, 2010. Mark your calendars, call your park managers, grab all your friends and let's get ready! :rolleyes:

Let me make sure I understand this right. The official CITO weekend is when geocachers around the world hold CITO events on the same day? If this is so, Great!

I'm am planning four CITO events this spring/summer with the first one being held late April late May. If this is the case, I will schedule the first event during the 2010 CITO Weekend. Please let me know.

Thanks,

RedJada

Let me make sure I understand this right. The official CITO weekend is when geocachers around the world hold CITO events on the same day? If this is so, Great!

I'm am planning four CITO events this spring/summer with the first one being held late April late May. If this is the case, I will schedule the first event during the 2010 CITO Weekend. Please let me know.

Thanks,

RedJada

You've got it, RedJada. Much luck to you!

We've created our second annual CITO event in a series called Support 4 Parks. Several different agencies are working together for create and staff an Earth Day Celebration on April 24, 2010.

The day is opening with the CITO event, and people will be encouraged to not litter and to pick up trash during the event. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ae-46f99ffbb0e7

It was helpful to find the "official" Earth Day Weekend for CITO events posted here. Janie Collins was awarded the CITO Geocoin last year, and another will be awarded this year. So, how about 2011? I'd like to get official dates for planning purposes before the year is over. I would like for this information to be simpler to locate.

I scheduled last year's CITO event to help have more events placed on the CITO Earth Day weekend.

Here's a picture of last year's participants. It was the area's first ever Geocaching event that I know of.

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/9c70ef...114a1a6bb97.jpg

Janie is being awarded a Geocoin for collecting the most trash. She deserves a halo for collecting her five little children, getting them dressed, and helping her husband collect trash for our event!

Magellan will be the 2010 Cache In Trash Out sponsor! Hurray! They (Thales/Magellan) also sponsored the CITO events in 2003.

Thank you, Magellan. :D

For more information about CITO in general, check this out: http://www.geocaching.com/cito/

The Event Planning Resources on that page can be very helpful.

Miss Jenn,

Does this mean that I should write Magellan and ask for a prize donation? If so is this only applicable for events held on April 28th? We are hosting our event on May 1 to ensure the snow is all gone and the ground is a little drier. Please advise.

Sarah of SNSGKrieger