Colorado 400T water leakage update

For those who have been following my leakage problem. My Colorado 400T hasn't been returned to me yet. I've promised I would keep everyone up to date on how things are going with Garmin. They have contacted me via email by the technical director Mr. Lu Stanley. He had promised that they will work out my waterleakage problem even if the warrantee runs out. I had told him tht if he returns the Colorado, I will put the unit to the test by sliding the back cover off and on for 50 times, then submerge it into a bucket of sea water I will buy from sea water aquarium for 15 mniutes. Short of their IPX7 standard. He agreed but I do not know which unit he will be sending me. If it failed, I will post all emails that we have been conversing over the past days. Because I know they are doom tol fail with the Colorado. I went all over Taichung (Central Taiwan) to most stores that carries Colorado 400T the past days, and have found out from these sliding on and off, every single unit turns out with detached O-ring, and had to tell the sales where the problem is and told them do not salel this unit. Therefore, I am very confidence that if they send me the Colorado, it will be sent back to them on the samed day. I will be riding the water this weekend, So I did ask him to please expedite my unit back to me ASAP. I'm calm now and not angry any longer but I still want to make sure this thing is IPX7 as advertised. Hopefully, people out there will not be saying riding jetskis mignt create an enviornment that exceeds the IPX7 thast causes the water leakage because I'm doing this test in a stationary water that don't even meet up with their IPx7 standards. While at it, I will also toss in all my othe gadgets that are also IPX7 standard into that bucket. If they send me the Colorado and dies in that bucket of water, I will pursue what I had told them (not very nice words) until this whole matter is settle. Please keep folowing my update for those that have this waterleakage problem

Dr. James M. Shih docjames1098@hotmail.com

Edited by docjames

I just came back from the store. Guess what? They send me a new Colorado 400T. I was so P off, I was furious and called their service department told that hard headed Mr. Lu Stanley what's going through his head??? I took out the unit, and slide it a couple times and guess what??? the seal around the battery compartment wasn't even glued to it's bottom. It came off completely. I had the store called him and told him he's in for a long ride. After some push and shove, he finally said, he'll exchange the Oregon for me. I handed the store owner the phone, they talked. Then the store owner told me he'll exchange one for me right away. However, he was very kind and told me he'll have to absorb the price difference on these 2 units which comes around 60 some US dollars. I then gave him the money and told him I don't want him to do that. It's Garmin's negligence. So my problem has been solved. For those of you that have this same problem, pressure Garmin until they cave in. They will. They fully understood this problem. They only pretend they don't. Thanks a lot Tequilla, it's your post that I shown the store owner for him to talk to Garmin. He doesn't understand english so I had to translate for him. So he told me if they exchange Oregons for the Colorado defect in the States, there's no reason why they should'nt over here.

I just came back from the store. Guess what? They send me a new Colorado 400T. I was so P off, I was furious and called their service department told that hard headed Mr. Lu Stanley what's going through his head??? I took out the unit, and slide it a couple times and guess what??? the seal around the battery compartment wasn't even glued to it's bottom. It came off completely. I had the store called him and told him he's in for a long ride. After some push and shove, he finally said, he'll exchange the Oregon for me. I handed the store owner the phone, they talked. Then the store owner told me he'll exchange one for me right away. However, he was very kind and told me he'll have to absorb the price difference on these 2 units which comes around 60 some US dollars. I then gave him the money and told him I don't want him to do that. It's Garmin's negligence. So my problem has been solved. For those of you that have this same problem, pressure Garmin until they cave in. They will. They fully understood this problem. They only pretend they don't. Thanks a lot Tequilla, it's your post that I shown the store owner for him to talk to Garmin. He doesn't understand english so I had to translate for him. So he told me if they exchange Oregons for the Colorado defect in the States, there's no reason why they should'nt over here.

It was Canada :D but I am glad things worked out for you. You will be happy with the Oregon. Enjoy the weekend.