Make Your Own PVC Hydrant Geocache

Headhardhat

Greetings All,

The latest GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Video has gone live. It shows how you can make your own PVC Hydrant geocache. It also introduces Emily the GeoPuppy to the GeoSnippits family.

Enjoy!

http://headhardhat-geocache.blogspot.com/2...vc-hydrant.html

-HHH :P

Clever cache idea but it doesn't look like any fire hydrant I've seen before. I've noticed fire hydrants in fields and a few other odd places while out geocaching and have thought about trying to find a real one and convert it to a geocache but am a bit worried about what might happen if there was a real fire in the area and what the FD might think if they tried to use it.

Greetings All,

The latest GeoSnippits Geocaching Tutorial Video has gone live. It shows how you can make your own PVC Hydrant geocache. It also introduces Emily the GeoPuppy to the GeoSnippits family.

Enjoy!

-HHH :laughing:

Clever cache idea but it doesn't look like any fire hydrant I've seen before. I've noticed fire hydrants in fields and a few other odd places while out geocaching and have thought about trying to find a real one and convert it to a geocache but am a bit worried about what might happen if there was a real fire in the area and what the FD might think if they tried to use it.

I really don't think it will be an issue. The hydrant is only about 4 inches tall. Hiders can paint it any color they wish and I only referenced it as a hydrant because it looks like a cartoon hydrant to me.

-HHH :D

Greetings All,

Enjoy!

-HHH :laughing:

I really don't think it will be an issue. The hydrant is only about 4 inches tall. Hiders can paint it any color they wish and I only referenced it as a hydrant because it looks like a cartoon hydrant to me.

-HHH :D

Caution: Rant On

There is a special place in hell for people that think that making fake fire appliances is a good idea. OK, you place this near any building that any type of emergency incident takes place, and you cost the responders precious seconds and some gets hurts and dies. Oh, it is just a game you say. Bull!!! You sir, need to think hard and fast about the stupidity that you have posted here.

Rant Off.

There is a special place in hell for people that think that making fake fire appliances is a good idea. OK, you place this near any building that any type of emergency incident takes place, and you cost the responders precious seconds and some gets hurts and dies. Oh, it is just a game you say. Bull!!! You sir, need to think hard and fast about the stupidity that you have posted here.

Rant Off.

I hope you are joking.

I've been a professional firefighter for 20 years. I cannot imagine any firefighter mistaking that item for a fire hydrant.

I can see why the OP called it a 'fire hyrant' geocache. It has a resemblance. If placed in the right location, and as the video states, "WITH PERMISSION", there should be no problems.

It's a nice container and would work well as a geocache. No one should worry about a delay in getting water on a fire because this item is in the bushes near a building.

Edited by JoesBar

Oh so you did not even watch the movie? How could you and get any idea that this is harmful? Get real. Go find some more caches and quite insulting people.

Go HHH!!! Make more movies!

Rant Off.

Rant Off.

I hope you are joking.

I've been a professional firefighter for 20 years. I cannot imagine any firefighter mistaking that item for a fire hydrant.

I can see why the OP called it a 'fire hyrant' geocache. It has a resemblance. If placed in the right location, and as the video states, "WITH PERMISSION", there should be no problems.

It's a nice container and would work well as a geocache. No one should worry about a delay in getting water on a fire because this item is in the bushes near a building.

I think that TheBurgOfSalt2 was responding to NYPaddleCacher who was wondering about getting an old REAL fire hydrant and making a cache out of it.

I can see how that might not be such a good idea.cause some confusion and be a problem.

Of course no one would think that HHH's mini hydrant is a real hydrant.

Rant Off.

I hope you are joking.

I think that TheBurgOfSalt2 was responding to NYPaddleCacher who was wondering about getting an old REAL fire hydrant and making a cache out of it.

I can see how that might not be such a good idea.cause some confusion and be a problem.

Of course no one would think that HHH's mini hydrant is a real hydrant.

That's why I wrote "but am a bit worried about what might happen if there was a real fire in the area and what the FD might think if they tried to use it."