New Cache Info Sheet

saints01

I am going to set a cache up in a local area.

Have noticed in caches we have found an info sheet.

Goes along the lines of -

'Hi, you have found an offical geocache. Blah blah blah.

If you did not mean to find this cache, please replace it..........'

and so on, with info about what geocaching is and logging onto website.

They all seem pretty similar, so is there a page on here or the website where i can copy from.

You can find them in a number of places from a number of different people/groups in a number of different formats.

You could start with geocaching.com its self or check out Texas Geocaching Association or Tucker's Geocaching Stuff or WNAG or here or this group from Arkansas.

That should be enough for you to find the right size, style and printing format that suits you best.

Edited by DiamondDaveG

I like that one. Short, sweet and to the point. Do you have it posted somewhere for general use or is it still a personal cache note?

Just at imageshack.

Someone pointed out that it contains a spelling error ("it's" vs "its"). I'll be correcting that and re-uploading it.

In case anyone wants an official statement:

"I hereby release this into the public domain. Where that is not possible I give my permission for unlimited use in any way without restriction".

I recently found a cache that was showcasing a piece of artwork in a business complex. The cache owner added a sentence in the disclaimer saying "This particular geocache is showcasing the artwork 30 feet away in the middle of the roundabout". I thought that was really really smart. I'd bet that if a muggle saw it and saw that it was showcasing their artwork and not just placed to take advantage of the business complex they'd be a lot more accepting of it. I would reccomend tailoring the disclaimer to add info about your particular cache and not solely using the generic disclaimer.