Google Earth problem - wrong location showing

I've got the Google toolbar installed in Firefox. If you highlight a set of coords on a cache page and right click, the option to search in Google Earth appears. This is setup in the Google toolbar. GE opens and shows the coords. You can then do this for several caches and they all show together in GE.

Now for some reason GE opens but displays the nearest location, a street or place or postcode and not the coords. If however you copy the coords from the cache page and paste them into the GE search box directly it works fine.

I only noticed this happening last night. It is really irritating as I use this search feature a lot for multiple sets of coords (with my Graculus reviewing hat on).

This is how I open the search from FF.

geprob.jpg

And this is the result in GE. In this case it appears as Oldbury Court Estate, the nearest location it can find to the coords. The coords showing in the screen shot are when I paste it directly into GE, which works.

geprob1.jpg

It doesn't happen for every cache coordinates, only some. I've gone through the GE options and Google toolbar options but not found anything amiss.

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears :D

Thanks

Chris (MrB) - Graculus

There's a greasemonkey script that can do this more directly than the toolbar. You just click and it opens up the listed coords in GE (along with other options). It also adds a Streetmap link after coordinates written in the description. It doesn't seem to work on caches outside the UK though. Don't know if it does everything you need but it may be a useful substitute?

I couldn't remember whose script it was for a min but I found it again - it's LordElphs Geocaching Map Linker from here:

http://blog.dixo.net/downloads/

[edit] Added screenshot:

ge_link.png

Edited by JeremyR

There's a greasemonkey script that can do this more directly than the toolbar. You just click and it opens up the listed coords in GE (along with other options). It also adds a Streetmap link after coordinates written in the description. It doesn't seem to work on caches outside the UK though. Don't know if it does everything you need but it may be a useful substitute?

I couldn't remember whose script it was for a min but I found it again - it's LordElphs Geocaching Map Linker from here:

http://blog.dixo.net/downloads/

[edit] Added screenshot:

ge_link.png

I have that script installed and it does work fine, but as a reviewer I see a slightly different version of the page so that script isn't available. Hence using the right click on the coords to open Google Earth was the best way to do it. I think it's the way the Google Toolbar search transfers the data to Google Earth.

Google is changing the world :)

Chris (MrB)