Displaying "Frownies" as Well as "Smilies" in "MapIt"

chrisrayn

I'd love in the Google MapIt feature if I could see the frownies, or DNFs I've had. Sometimes I want to go back and revisit places I've been, but with so many DNFs, it's hard to just look at the cachebox pictures and know if I've been there.

I don't want it to be an embedded option, though. I'd prefer if it were some sort of on/off feature as a checkbox on the righthand side. That way, you could turn off the frownies and see what type of cache it is. Because it would still be necessary to know if the one you missed was a mystery, a multi, etc.

Thanks for listening! :-)

chrisrayn

Along the same lines I would sometimes like to be able to turn off unfound caches and only see the ones I have found.

To the original post, not a bad idea. You can view your DNFs by clicking geocaches the Did not find from account page.

To post 2, you can just un-check everything except "my finds" on the right

I'd love in the Google MapIt feature if I could see the frownies, or DNFs I've had. Sometimes I want to go back and revisit places I've been, but with so many DNFs, it's hard to just look at the cachebox pictures and know if I've been there.

I don't want it to be an embedded option, though. I'd prefer if it were some sort of on/off feature as a checkbox on the righthand side. That way, you could turn off the frownies and see what type of cache it is. Because it would still be necessary to know if the one you missed was a mystery, a multi, etc.

Thanks for listening! :-)

chrisrayn

There is a small discussion about pretty much what you are asking for on another thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=226058

And the second details some ideas, but this thread is more appropriate for it so I am going to repost my post here;

This is an idea that I like and was thinking on suggesting. I would rather it be not just for PQs though. Any time you got to the "Map" page I would want it to show if you have logged a DNF, Note, Needs Maintenance, or needs archived log against the specific cache. There would have to be a order of presidence for the icons, something like; Find, DNF, Needs Archived, Needs Maint, Write note, Will attend. Whatever the highest icon is it would show on the map page.

Or perhaps in the bubble would show what logs you have logged against the cache if any in a tab in the bubble simular to the trackables, but only if you have logged something against the cache.

I would prefer the first option instead of the second, but I do not know the feasability of either option. It seems to me that many people would like to be able to see what caches they have made an attemp on and logged a DNF. This should all be a optional view, selectable in the check block box to the right of the map.