Geocoins wanted for Art Exhibition

Tavisman

I'm holding geocaching Art Exhibition called, 'The Art of Geocaching' (GC1X98A). I'm on the lookout for exhibits, so I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to lend me a geocoin(s), or plans for geocoins, or anything geocoin related for the exhibition.

I will have a section of the gallery dedicated to geocoins and I can accommodate owners' wishes, i.e. can/can't be handled, hide track codes etc…

The postal address can be found on the cache page http://coord.info/GC1X98A.

In return for lending the item(s) I will return it with a comment book signed by visitors to the exhibit.

Sounds cool, would you be intrested in using a copy of some mint art( the art made to translate to a coin to the mint to be made) id be willing to email you a copy to use that you could print out.

Let me know.

Yeah that's great. Please send the image (as hi-resolution as possible). Thanks

Sounds cool, would you be intrested in using a copy of some mint art( the art made to translate to a coin to the mint to be made) id be willing to email you a copy to use that you could print out.

Let me know.

Yeah that's great. Please send the image (as hi-resolution as possible). Thanks

got mine on its way to you too...let me know if it prints out okay!

ILYK

I'd be happy to send you a start-to-finish set of artwork. From hand-drawn sketches to Adobe Illustrator vector graphic to mint art. The subject could be either the ISAF/CA geocoin or my new E&Cplus3 2009 personal geocoin, or both.

I'll even send along a finished coin to be displayed with the pics. You can auction it off or use it as a door prize.

Reading through the cache page, I got excited when I saw mention of Worcester, because I'm going to be in Boston for a conference that week. I was thinking I'd love to stop by the event while I'm *relatively* close...

...Then I realized it's in the original Worcester :(

I'll send you a coin and its artwork :D Good luck with the event, looks like it's going to be great!

What a Brilliant Idea for an event, Touche'

I would be happy to also email the pics that our coin came from.

What is your email address??

Opalsns

We need your email address too...to send the pictures.

The email address is info@pittstudio.com.

Edited by Tavisman

One of our personal coins would love to come to your event, and be discovered by all that attend. Please send me an address, and I'll get it out to you. Since we can't attend ourselves, we'll do it by proxie.

The address is:

The Art of Geocaching Event

The Pitt Studio

62 Chestnut Walk

Worcester WR1 1PR

United Kingdom

Please be sure to mark your package with 'The Art of Geocaching', and don't forget to leave a return address.

Thank you everyone for your support, submissions and encouragement. I'm receiving geocoins at the moment and I will post their delivery and their displays when they are ready.

Thank you drneal, your Kathy's Geocoin has arrived and seeing it physically is just awesome. It is so beautiful and I have great pleasure and honour in displaying it in the exhibition.

892a2d0c-227f-4cb9-80df-b6021994dd6c.jpg

I'm in the process of organising the display cabinets. The cabinets will be A3 size (297mm × 420mm or 11.7' × 16.5 '). By default I will put geocoins in the sealed cabinets with the tracking codes hidden (i.e. the backs against the wall). However, I will give each exhibitor three choices:

(1) Inside the cabinet with the tracking code hidden;

(2) In the cabinet with the tracking code displayed next to it (so visitors can discover it);

(3) The geocoin available for visitors to handle and touch

I have planned to leave some comment cards dotted around the gallery. Visitors can then put the exhibit number on the card and their comment. I'll collect these together and return them to exhibitors.

There is also an event wooden nickel (sorry it's not a geocoin) that is numbered. I will give each exhibitor one of these as a keepsake and a thank-you.

Any art still needed? I have all the original Tranquility Geocoin art, and more from coins I have designed. (Claddagh, Great Outdoors, Carousel Coins, etc.) =) I keep a list of the coins I've designed if you are interested in any art from them, let me know!!

If you have any of my coins, Id be happy to provide the original art for them.

I just saw this, or Id have emailed before!

I have been to the studio tonight to measure up the exhibits. I have split the studio into exhibit lots. There are 38 lots available. So far for geocoins I have allocated 4 lots:

2 for drneal's Kathy's Coin:

76c04967-8f0e-4b3d-ada5-fceb1a15e9b6.jpg

1 for Thirstymick's Personal Coin. I have received the coin (thank you), the display is work-in-progress:

dd29f2cc-306a-4c01-a97a-281721fcb79c.jpg

1 for opalsns' Cachin' Crow Geocoin. I have received the coins (thank you), the display is work-in-progress:

0e9b4886-0332-40e4-a097-561c6110c735.jpg

Any art still needed?

Yes, although I have to accommodate other exhibits (wooden nickels, signature items, camos, photos and videos, etc.). I have reserved a total of 6 lots for geocoins, so there are two lots left. I will allocate on a first-post-first-serve basis.

I'll post the displays here when I have finished them.

Thank you everyone for your support and contributions.

Hi everyone.

I just want to say a big thank you to all those people who have sent me a geocoin for the exhibition. Your contributions and messages of encouragement have been overwhelming and most appreciated.

I have 7 lots in the gallery devoted to geocoins, so I don't need any more for display. If anyone wishes to send geocoins, I can only add them to a common area, where visitors will be able to handle, discover and grab (like ordinary events). You are welcome to do this.

Below are the 7 exhibit lots laid out ready for hanging (the exhibit numbers may change). I haven't quite worked out to mount the geocoins yet. I will take photos of visitors admiring them at the exhibition and post them on the event cache page (as well as send them to the owners)…

Exhibit #115: Kathy's Coin; drneal

Due to the wonderful story I have made this geocoin into 2 lots.

76c04967-8f0e-4b3d-ada5-fceb1a15e9b6.jpg

Exhibit #116 Thirstymick Personal Geocoin; Thirstymick

This exhibit takes up one lot.

e16f39e5-077f-4e2c-87d2-8d04c7b2509e.jpg

Exhibit #117 Upik Nuannertoq Geocoin; mickebush77

I have had delivery of your masterpieces! Thank you. I'm still working on this exhibit. It should take up one lot.

Exhibit #118 Geocoin; Dressel Dragons

Thank you for sending the artwork and photos for this geocoin. You have given me so much that I have decided on placing a digital display next to your exhibit to show the other photos.

b5ec8cc3-507a-4833-8980-f8776cecb954.jpg

Exhibit #119 Logan's Rainbow Bridge Geocoin; drneal

This geocoin has been delivered and wow, a truly beautiful geocoin _ and so big. I haven't sorted out an exhibit for this yet but it will take up one lot.

Exhibit #120 Cachin' Crow; opalsns

I have had delivery of these two coins. I'm just about finishing laying out the exhibit. This will be the 7th geocoin lot.

I'll post information when I get it. Thank you everyone for your support. If you are able to attend see you there, if not look out for the photos at the event.

Thank you to all for contributions and vistors to the 'Art of Geocaching' event. Just over 50 visitors turned up, there was a queue at the start and then a contanst stream of visitors throughout the day.

There were some teething problems at first and not all exhibits made it into the gallery. This is due to lack of planning of my part and I apolgise for this. However, the exhibits available on the day were well receieved. For my first time to host an event, I was pleased with the way it went. Visitors also welcomed a day-time event rather than a eveing meeting in a pub/bar/restaurant, this was especially true for geocacehers with geokids.

This is a break from the norm, and a first of its type, so if I hold another similar event or anyone else wishes to organise a similar one I have loads of tips and gothcha's to be aware of. I'm pleased to offer my support on this.

I will be contacting all the contritors now to confirm the details of the return of their contributions. I will also send back some mementos of the event.

Wondering if anyone ever heard that their coins had been released or returned...a special coin I had received as a gift (a rainbow bridge coin in honor of Logan,) was sent with the stipulation it would be released following the exhibition. An e-mail I sent a month ago was repsonded to saying the wooden nickels were on the way, and my coin would be released. An e-mail sent last week remains unanswered.

ILYK

Wondering if anyone ever heard that their coins had been released or returned...a special coin I had received as a gift (a rainbow bridge coin in honor of Logan,) was sent with the stipulation it would be released following the exhibition. An e-mail I sent a month ago was repsonded to saying the wooden nickels were on the way, and my coin would be released. An e-mail sent last week remains unanswered.

ILYK

I'd bet ya Donuts to Devil Dogs, That he got it , Because he came to GC.Com on Monday the 4th.

And he doesn't seem to be caching lately. So why was he here, ?

Opalsns