Data transfer

Wrights179

I am new to the sport and my families first couple of finds where found using my iPhone 3Gs. I did the research and bought a Magellan Triton 500 with Geocache function. The problem I am having is I cannot transfer the Geocache info from the website to the GPS unit via the USB, any help would be greatly appreciated

I am new to the sport and my families first couple of finds where found using my iPhone 3Gs. I did the research and bought a Magellan Triton 500 with Geocache function. The problem I am having is I cannot transfer the Geocache info from the website to the GPS unit via the USB, any help would be greatly appreciated
You need to go to your "MY PROFILE" page and work on using the "Build Pocket Queries" listed under "Premium Features". That will allow you to create full lists of caches selected any way you like that will be emailed to you as *.GPX files. It's much quicker and more effective than doing them one at a time from cache pages.

From there, you should have software from Magellan that will move them from your PC to your GPS unit, although I personally like to use GSAK for geocaching (see www.gsak.net ).

Also - I suspect this thread is misplaced.

Edited by ecanderson