Pocket Query Stopped Running

rmayben9

Not that I can't just recreate this pocket query, but the query that I run every other day based around my home coordinates just stopped running on September 20. I've been out of town for part of the time so I really didn't notice it until I was updating my GPS from GSAK today. Any reason why one would stop running? I have all the days of the week checked, and I have the correct option selected on query edit page. Just wondering. Thanks!

Check your junk mail folders. Also, some email providers, including roadrunner, hotmail and yahoo have been known on occasion to block all mail from Groundspeak. That is the reason I got a gmail account and am transitioning my email away from roadrunner. (This, of course, assumes that the PQ is running and that the site says it ran at a certain time and you just are not getting the emails.)

Edited by jhauser42

There does seem to be an issue with certain longstanding PQs suddenly failing to generate. In this next sprint we're converting the Pocket Query Generator app into a service, so when the PQs get stuck in "naughty status" (the dev's term) they won't keep timing out.

If you find your scheduled PQ (does not apply to *new* PQs) failing to generate, send a quick email to contact@geocaching.com and we'll reset it for you. Please wait some time after checking the day for your PQ to run to ensure that it really is failing.

There does seem to be an issue with certain longstanding PQs suddenly failing to generate. In this next sprint we're converting the Pocket Query Generator app into a service, so when the PQs get stuck in "naughty status" (the dev's term) they won't keep timing out.

If you find your scheduled PQ (does not apply to *new* PQs) failing to generate, send a quick email to contact@geocaching.com and we'll reset it for you. Please wait some time after checking the day for your PQ to run to ensure that it really is failing.

Thanks. I'm sure this is the problem. The previous post didn't apply because the query stated that it had not run since 9/20/09. I changed the days of the week on which it runs so I'll see tomorrow.