Problem with maps on cache pages?

MickEMT

I've been logging some finds from today and have noticed an odd image that is showing up in place of the maps on the cache pages. It shows a stylized map, with a red "X" over the map and an drawing of something like a meter reading in the red zone.

I just noticed some cache listings that do show the cache icon(loctation) on the map. That is just weird.

Then I also found another cache listing which 'looked' every bit normal....but then when I tried to use the "Send to GPS" feature it just brings up an empty window? :huh:

Note: The send to GPS works great on all other caches in that same area, both before and after it froze on that listing. It is either a problem with the website or listing.

I've been logging some finds from today and have noticed an odd image that is showing up in place of the maps on the cache pages. It shows a stylized map, with a red "X" over the map and an drawing of something like a meter reading in the red zone.

None of my cache pages has a map anymore. They are all red X and a meter showing in the red.

I assumed it was a Google map limitation but I haven't been caching much lately. Certainly not looking at hundreds of cache maps which is where I would expect something like that to kick in.

Tried rebooting my computer, re-starting GSAK, changing my IP address, etc. nothing worked. I really miss that map in the corner too.

geo%20red%20X.JPG

Edited by BigBadger

The big red X comes from Google maps. If you load too many maps from the same IP in too short a time period you will get that. I do not know how many in what time period, but if you wait they will come back.

I've certainly seen this problem... I think mostly when using an ATT aircard for internet access. If you click on the map window, you should still get the new page with the google map on it and that should work.

Fresh day. I get a few cache pages into the day and then they all turn into the red X. I wonder what the parameters for too many map references is? Has my using GSAK got anything to do with it as I may scroll through many pages to get to one I'm looking for.... But this is a totally phenomenon... I've changed nothing in the way I do my day-to-day caching preparation.