You just might be one

DragonsWest

If where ever you go you look around and think to yourself, "That looks like a good place for a hide"

You just might be a GeoCaching Addict

If you give directions to other GeoCachers by way of caches along the way ...

If your workshop, living room or bedroom are littered with ammo cans, decon containers, Altoids tins and film canisters ...

If you have ventured out into the pouring rain, drove 10 miles to make a find, just to keep your streak going ...

If you have ever reached into your pocket for change and produced a handful of blinkies and bison tubes ...

If you have ever spent an hour in a Wal*Mart parking lot, waiting for the muggles to clear so you can hit that LPC ...

If your friends and family have noticed a tendency to furtively glance into, around and under things ...

If you picked out the ONE tree at the nursery that had a hole in it ...

If you have ever gone out when you are sick as a dog, just to make that one find to keep your streak going ...

If you have ever left early for work and arrived late, due to a certain detour ...

If your desk is covered with unsolved or partially solved puzzles, partially assembled caches, travel bugs and geocoins ...

If one of your caches has gone missing and you put on the blues and cry ...

If you plan your vacation around places where there are, or are not yet, caches ...

If you pick up discarded items or litter and think to yourself, "I could make a cache out of this" ...

If you feel lonely and left out because you haven't been to an Event in the past month ...

If you have ever taken the "hard way" to the cache and not cared, as long as you found it ...

If you drop everything to be FTF on a new cache 30 miles away ...

If you have ever been out late at night, with a flashlight, desperately trying to find just 1 cache so you can keep your streak going ...

If you have kept a rotation of rechargeable batteries going for several months in your GPSr ...

If you pick out certain foods at the market you don't like, because the containers will make great caches ...

If you have ever sat down and talked for hours with other GeoCachers about the best, worst, silliest, cleverest caches ...

If you have ever sat down and talked for hours with Non-GeoCachers about the best, worst, silliest, cleverest caches ...

If you feel very sad because a favorite cache has gone missing and the CO is archiving it ...

If you scramble out the door with a fresh cache in hand to place where that missing cache was, to keep the cache alive ...

If you have in your car a kit containing any of the following: Tape, Glue, Containers, Mini Ziplocs, Replacement Logs, Paint and/or Magnets ...

If after the embarassment of your cache being mistaken for a bomb, you feel a tiny bit of pride at one of your caches making the news ...

If you have sat outside the park, with a digital timepiece, synchronized to WWV, waiting for 8 AM so you can start caching ...

If the mere thought of doing a Power-Trail raises your heartrate ...

If you have ever reveled in the admiration of one of your caches, like a proud parent ...

If missionaries have come to your door and you have converted THEM to GeoCaching ...

These things have been kicking around in my head for a while and with 15 minutes to spare I thought I'd jot them down. About 85% of these I have done - as Mark Twain says: "Write what you know" - so not much imaginings in there. The others I haven't done yet I know apply to other cachers, so it's all true stuff.

If you have found yourself watching the clock, not because you get to go home, but because you have a hot PQ to run ...

If you go caching with a plastic file of sig items and travel bugs/geocoins ... (saw this last night runing Venonium 263)

Some of my sisters consider me an addict and what me to go through a 12 step program. I was told by someone else that an addict is only an addict if they hurt someone or them self. Instead if you do something you enjoy and helps you in a positive way it is considered a PASSION.

I enjoy caching because it gets me out of the house and off my butt. I get exercise on ones I hike or bike to. When I get depressed I cache because it takes my mind off my problems for awhile because I am focused on the elusive cache. Plus I get to see sometimes beautiful sites that are so great they actually make me cry in awe. The only way I see caching harming me or someone else is if I look too much at the GPS while driving, leave work for a FTF and get myself fired or get myself into a dangerous situation because I didn't heed the warnings of the cache page or my surroundings.

So you can be an addict/passionate if you

Look too much at your GPS while driving.

Realize you have PO because you didn't notice the pretty plants nearby.

Can't find your way to a place you been to many times with your GPS but get lost if you left the GPS at home.

Seeing everything as a potential container.

Coming up with ideas for cache hide and if you don't write it down you forget it.

Driving around in circles because the cache owner didn't give you access coordinates.

Getting to a cache for FTF and seeing muggles thinking they are cachers trying to beat you to the cache.

Caching so long in a day that you forget to eat.

Wishing you could carry every color paint can in your vehicle.

Having cache containers when you see a spot for a hide but you have no log to put it in.

Running out of the house for FTF in your PJs and barefeet.

Edited by jellis50

If where ever you go you look around and think to yourself, "That looks like a good place for a hide"

Constantly.

Sometimes. More often I think it to myself. My wife got tired a looong time ago of me pointing out caches I'd done (or want to do) as we drive bye on trips.

If your workshop, living room or bedroom are littered with ammo cans, decon containers, Altoids tins and film canisters ...

My wife is on her last nerve about this... :laughing:

If you have ventured out into the pouring rain, drove 10 miles to make a find, just to keep your streak going ...

Never. Never. NEVER. That's just insane. I have just over 700 finds going into my 8th year. Cachin' is about positive use of my free quality time and not what would be self abuse to me.

If you have ever reached into your pocket for change and produced a handful of blinkies and bison tubes ...

Do my smashed coin sig items count? :blink:

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

If you have ever spent an hour in a Wal*Mart parking lot, waiting for the muggles to clear so you can hit that LPC ...

An hour of my free time is worth about $100 to me, I wouldn't waste it waiting to log a P&G.

If your friends and family have noticed a tendency to furtively glance into, around and under things ...

Yep, but I've done that ever since I was a small child.

Nope.

If you have ever gone out when you are sick as a dog, just to make that one find to keep your streak going ...

See my answer to that other question about streaking.

If you have ever left early for work and arrived late, due to a certain detour ...

Yes. A few times.

If your desk is covered with unsolved or partially solved puzzles, partially assembled caches, travel bugs and geocoins ...

Guilty!

NEVER. I wrote the container and the contents off in my mind the moment I placed the cache. :)

If you plan your vacation around places where there are, or are not yet, caches ...

I usually plan at least one vacation around attending GeoWoodstock. I have perfect attendance since GW3. See you in Seattle! B)

If you pick up discarded items or litter and think to yourself, "I could make a cache out of this" ...

This is what my wife hates most. I picked up a refrigerator door once. Uh, about 3 weeks AFTER my wife expressly forbade me to pick it up when I pointed it out to her.

If you feel lonely and left out because you haven't been to an Event in the past month ...

I never feel lonely or left out, but I get event fever after about 6 weeks without attending one.

If you have ever taken the "hard way" to the cache and not cared, as long as you found it ...

I care about stupidity. I took the hard way to a cache in the desert once and could have killed myself. I over rate the terrain and difficulty on my mountain caches just to thwart such stupidity. I research my caches thoroughly and I nearly ALWAYS find the easy way. As a hider, I'd rather have an over prepared cacher complain than to find out an under prepared cacher died attempting my cache. :laughing:

Never in a million years! :laughing:

If you have ever been out late at night, with a flashlight, desperately trying to find just 1 cache so you can keep your streak going ...

Same answer on the streaking, but I LIKE night caching and have logged a few nights out past 3am.

If you have kept a rotation of rechargeable batteries going for several months in your GPSr ...

I gave up on rechargeables. I don't cache often enough.

If you pick out certain foods at the market you don't like, because the containers will make great caches ...

I never buy food I don't like, but I WILL by stuff I DO like to get the cache container it comes in. :anibad:

If you have ever sat down and talked for hours with other GeoCachers about the best, worst, silliest, cleverest caches ...

As of today, I have been to 144 geocaching events. Isn't that gross. :anibad::P (There is no groaner emoticon when you need one.)

If you have ever sat down and talked for hours with Non-GeoCachers about the best, worst, silliest, cleverest caches ...

As of today, I have been to 144 geocaching events. Isn't that gross. (I love a chance to tell the same bad joke twice. Thanks OP.) :)

If you feel very sad because a favorite cache has gone missing and the CO is archiving it ...

Very much so.

If you scramble out the door with a fresh cache in hand to place where that missing cache was, to keep the cache alive ...

Done THAT a few times sans the scramble part. :)

If you have in your car a kit containing any of the following: Tape, Glue, Containers, Mini Ziplocs, Replacement Logs, Paint and/or Magnets ...

Guilty! B)

If after the embarassment of your cache being mistaken for a bomb, you feel a tiny bit of pride at one of your caches making the news ...

Nope. Never happened to me, but I know someone that wears a t-shirt to advertise their experience. :laughing:

If you have sat outside the park, with a digital timepiece, synchronized to WWV, waiting for 8 AM so you can start caching ...

Silly law abiding citizen. That fence is just a suggestion that you shouldn't enter after or before regular park hours. Especially if there is no razor wire or if the fence does not fully surround the park. Duh!

I couldn't say. I've never taken the time to do one. Been meanin' to.

If you have ever reveled in the admiration of one of your caches, like a proud parent ...

Don't get me started. I am the proud parent of many caches and I'm a shameless self promoter. :anibad:B)

66f1ba4b-c5b7-4a2a-8f3f-5c609c24aa04.jpg

ba5f9911-6ce7-4d8f-8b1d-7d4eca5f2c2c.jpg

27372be1-f9bd-4022-b6f8-a5584df4ed42.jpg

7dc7da4f-9d20-4375-84d2-50434fcdf5c7.jpg

19c068e1-92c6-49be-86cd-786a33bf0f2c.jpg

32278c8e-a5a3-40fe-b562-f11ed71f1e4c.jpg

3918340a-d43b-406a-ad03-d679947d7241.jpg

9411623e-cbe8-438f-b66b-8bf864974019.jpg

If missionaries have come to your door and you have converted THEM to GeoCaching ...

I'll have to try that one out. I usually just answer the door naked when "church people" come knocking. I figure that if they can talk to me while I'm naked, it just might be a sign I should pay attention to.

3b38ade5-9599-43e9-9742-b78854f0c861.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Constantly.

Sometimes. More often I think it to myself. My wife got tired a looong time ago of me pointing out caches I'd done (or want to do) as we drive bye on trips.

My wife is on her last nerve about this... :laughing:

Never. Never. NEVER. That's just insane. I have just over 700 finds going into my 8th year. Cachin' is about positive use of my free quality time and not what would be self abuse to me.

Do my smashed coin sig items count? :blink:

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

An hour of my free time is worth about $100 to me, I wouldn't waste it waiting to log a P&G.

Yep, but I've done that ever since I was a small child.

Nope.

See my answer to that other question about streaking.

Yes. A few times.

Guilty!

NEVER. I wrote the container and the contents off in my mind the moment I placed the cache. :)

I usually plan at least one vacation around attending GeoWoodstock. I have perfect attendance since GW3. See you in Seattle! B)

This is what my wife hates most. I picked up a refrigerator door once. Uh, about 3 weeks AFTER my wife expressly forbade me to pick it up when I pointed it out to her.

I never feel lonely or left out, but I get event fever after about 6 weeks without attending one.

I care about stupidity. I took the hard way to a cache in the desert once and could have killed myself. I over rate the terrain and difficulty on my mountain caches just to thwart such stupidity. I research my caches thoroughly and I nearly ALWAYS find the easy way. As a hider, I'd rather have an over prepared cacher complain than to find out an under prepared cacher died attempting my cache. :laughing:

Never in a million years! :laughing:

Same answer on the streaking, but I LIKE night caching and have logged a few nights out past 3am.

I gave up on rechargeables. I don't cache often enough.

I never buy food I don't like, but I WILL by stuff I DO like to get the cache container it comes in. :anibad:

As of today, I have been to 144 geocaching events. Isn't that gross. :anibad::P (There is no groaner emoticon when you need one.)

As of today, I have been to 144 geocaching events. Isn't that gross. (I love a chance to tell the same bad joke twice. Thanks OP.) :)

Very much so.

Done THAT a few times sans the scramble part. B)

Guilty! B)

Nope. Never happened to me, but I know someone that wears a t-shirt to advertise their experience. :laughing:

Silly law abiding citizen. That fence is just a suggestion that you shouldn't enter after or before regular park hours. Especially if there is no razor wire or if the fence does not fully surround the park. Duh!

I couldn't say. I've never taken the time to do one. Been meanin' to.

Don't get me started. I am the proud parent of many caches and I'm a shameless self promoter. :)B)

66f1ba4b-c5b7-4a2a-8f3f-5c609c24aa04.jpg

ba5f9911-6ce7-4d8f-8b1d-7d4eca5f2c2c.jpg

27372be1-f9bd-4022-b6f8-a5584df4ed42.jpg

7dc7da4f-9d20-4375-84d2-50434fcdf5c7.jpg

19c068e1-92c6-49be-86cd-786a33bf0f2c.jpg

32278c8e-a5a3-40fe-b562-f11ed71f1e4c.jpg

3918340a-d43b-406a-ad03-d679947d7241.jpg

9411623e-cbe8-438f-b66b-8bf864974019.jpg

I'll have to try that one out. I usually just answer the door naked when "church people" come knocking. I figure that if they can talk to me while I'm naked, it just might be a sign I should pay attention to.

3b38ade5-9599-43e9-9742-b78854f0c861.jpg

So now I'm confussed.... Am I an addict or not? :anibad:

Edited by Snoogans