FTF

Bethesdasprite

Be proud of your FTFs. Don't listen to the negativity of some.

it is not negativity to think that it is tacky to go down main street in clothing that advertises one's genitalia. likewise it is not negativity to think that people who speak in public of their bank balances or sexual conquests are tacky.

while i am proud of each and every one of my FTFs i consider it tacky to show them publicly and i am unimpressed by people who do.

i am always interested to see that people who do not like a thing are considered to be negative, as opposed to having a negative opinion on a thing.

to my way of thinking, there's too much mindless acceptance of tacky behaviors by the cheerful indiscriminate.

it is not negativity to think that it is tacky to go down main street in clothing that advertises one's genitalia. likewise it is not negativity to think that people who speak in public of their bank balances or sexual conquests are tacky.

while i am proud of each and every one of my FTFs i consider it tacky to show them publicly and i am unimpressed by people who do.

i am always interested to see that people who do not like a thing are considered to be negative, as opposed to having a negative opinion on a thing.

to my way of thinking, there's too much mindless acceptance of tacky behaviors by the cheerful indiscriminate.

Geocaching is full of stats, charts and graphs. FTF's are just another stat.

I mean stats for...

Total finds

# of states

# of counties

Milestones

Stat by ratings

Stats by difficulty

I'm not one of the big FTF hunters. I have a few, not a lot. it's still something to keep track of; same with milestones

States by terrain

I have asked before and still no one has answered the following simple question:

How does the fact that I have my FTFs listed on my profile have any negative effect on any other geocacher?

I'm proud of my FTFs. I list them on my profile. Some cachers choose not to. Those who "aren't impressed" apparently think that the point is to impress someone, but that couldn't be further from the truth. They can be unimpressed all they want, and it doesn't affect me.

My cache logs and profile page are a part of my history in this game/sport/addiction, and one way in which I express myself. That's all.

How do I note FTF on my profile?

you can go to www.logicweave.com and download "cache stats". This interacts with Geocaching.com and updates whenever you submit a "my finds" from a pocket querry. Well, it doesn't update by itself. You just follow the instructions from the cachestat site and then under the "cache" tab you can pick your FTF's to show up on your STAT profile but not your geocaching profile.

Geocaching is full of stats, charts and graphs.

so are bank balances, STD tracking, and frat-house conquest scores.

just because a thing is a stat doesn't make it good taste to display.

and a large number of people who engage in a vulgar activity does not make a thing less vulgar.

and a large number of people who engage in a vulgar activity does not make a thing less vulgar.

Don't listen to FLASK she didn't get that username for nothing she must have drank to many FLASKS of "Jack Daniels" this evening. :):D

ScubaSonic

Pardon the interruption, but if you seem to have such an aversion to tackiness, what is all that drivel on your profile page? :)

Edited by Ampersand

How do I note FTF on my profile?

Welcome to the fun of Geocaching! But beware the forums! Nastiness abounds as some seem to feel they can

pontificate! Best to ignore the naysayers - I myself was extremely put off by them when I first checked out the forums. (The main reason why I haven't logged on to them for months!) This is supposed to be for fun, adventure and maybe even some great exercise! Not nitpicking! It's a shame that some must get on their soap boxes when all you needed was a bit of guidance!

I'm sure glad most people don't share your negativity. Geocaching should be fun. If people want to share their FTFs, great, if not, fine. Geocaching is one of those sports/hobbies that can be whatever the participant wants it to be. I think that's what makes it truly fun is that people can enjoy it in many different wants.

I'm sure glad most people don't share your negativity. Geocaching should be fun. If people want to share their FTFs, great, if not, fine. Geocaching is one of those sports/hobbies that can be whatever the participant wants it to be. I think that's what makes it truly fun is that people can enjoy it in many different wants.

here here.

post the FTF's and be proud of em. any negatives usually come from the jealous or those that seem to want to pick arguments over the small stuff. i see it the same as anyone who pushes beliefs on other "dont push it on me and i wont insult your insulting mentality as i walk away". make the game what you want of it and have fun however you see fit..

Edited by KeeperOfTheMist