Geocoin Mission, the big questions

ounichelhiboux

You mean they didn't follow the mission because they didn't post what was unconventionable about the cache they chose to put it in?

I try to help a coin out with its mission as much as possible. I hope that people do the same with the coins I have out traveling. But the reality is that many people read the traveler's page when they log it and then promptly forget about the mission when they drop it - especially if they are needing to do something on the page after the drop.

I'm usually just happy to see a coin not going missing and/or moving. If people can follow the mission, great. If not, no big whoop. I have a coin with a mission to travel around New Zealand that is now in the Netherlands. I'm still enjoying watching it travel. :grin:

i have to say, the first person that took it, surely did not read my geocoin mission. Placed where nothing have to do with the mission.

the real question is: do you care about what the geocoin mission is? or do you actually accomplish the mission?

I don't have wireless connectivity so it is hard to read the mission in the field. I don't bother with the cache inventory because it is probably wrong for a number of reasons. So when I pick up a coin I don't have a clue what its mission is. Not until I get home to log it do I see what the mission is. Okay so it wants to go south and I'm going north. Well maybe the next person that grabs it will move it south. But then this is mostly academic because the coin will go missing in the first month or two and the mission will be bust.

I grab coins and TBs willy-nilly with no regard to their mission.

Sometimes I read their mission, sometimes I don't. For the ones where I read their mission, sometimes I help them with the mission, sometimes I don't.

As for my trackable(s). I only have one out there ATM and hope it stays alive. If it's mission is maintained, fine. If it's not, oh well. As long as it is out there, I'm content. I will feel that way with every trackable I release.

As for me, If the mission statement is attached to the coin/TB, I will only take it if I can help it, if not I leave it.

If there is no mission statement attached I will usually take it just because curiosity gets the best of me, and I have to wait to get home to find out what the mission is.

I'm the same way. If there is no mission attached, I still take it and hope I can either help it or put it in a place someone else can do better.

As for me, If the mission statement is attached to the coin/TB, I will only take it if I can help it, if not I leave it.

If there is no mission statement attached I will usually take it just because curiosity gets the best of me, and I have to wait to get home to find out what the mission is.

I agree!

If a coin owner want the coin to have a mission it is necessary to have some kind of label accompanying the coin. I'm attaching a mission statement to all my coins I'm sending out. I have recently starting with coins so I have no idea of how well it works but I hope for the best. I'm enjoying the traveling of the coins.

Not everyone will read it, be happy that it moves. Some will have no idea what the goal is until they get home to log it. Your goal will be reached through a series of cachers moving it towards that goal.

I would be more worried that it's in a cache that could "fall where you won't be able to reach it".

It's only moved once, someone along the way will log it as you requested.

Think about the airlines. I live in the middle of the country. But to fly to LA, I usually first fly to Atlanta, then to LA.

Sometimes even going the wrong way puts you in a better path to go the right way on the next hop. Just be happy that the coin is moving, and eventually its may reach its goal and mission.

I do read the mission statements, and do what I can for them. But unless it is actually attached to the bug, I don't know it until I get home, which means I may or may not be able to help it on the mission soon. I am more likely to drop it anywhere in the next week or so, than try to hold it longer until I can help the mission. Maybe the next person will have better luck.