AN AID

Gitchee-Gummee

If you pick up this trackable item………..

Please Read This

We are traveling. As such this travel bug or geocoin may not yet be logged into this cache.

If such is the case, please do not “grab” it.

Give us a chance to get to where we are going so that we may properly log it in.

We expect to be able to log it in on _____________________________.

After that date, you may log your discovery or your find and move it on.

At that time too, please discard this notice.

Thank you.

<user name>

The above "form" is what we print onto postcard-sized labels and attach (folded, using a paperclip to attach) to a travel bug or geocoin that we have placed in a cache while we are traveling and are unable to immediately log the placement. We carry a fair number of these tags while geocaching, just in case.

We have found it to be extremely helpful to prevent "grabbing" of a traveler before we have had a chance to log it, therefore allowing its' placement and travel distance to be correct.

We see many (many, many :lol: ) posts in the forums about an item being grabbed before it can be properly logged. This little tidbit is for anyone to use. It can go a long ways to curb angst in those that move travelers, only to find that it has been grabbed before you can log it (we are sure you know what we mean)! Feel free to copy it word-for-word or change it as you see fit.

If more were to use such a tag, it would allow time for them to log, give the next cacher an idea of WHEN to expect it logged in, and if we forget (heaven forbid), it supplies the person waiting with our user name for contact.

Happy caching!

I LOVE THIS!!!

We were on holidays a few years ago and I dropped 4 TBs into a Travel Bug Hotel. In less than 24 hours, someone had grabbed them all with a comment about how whoever dropped them hadn't bothered to log them properly. This was my first experience on that end of this practice (I had picked up a TB in the past and waited a week before it was logged before I retrieved it). I was upset that I was given a chance.

Thanks for putting this out there, I know I will use it.

Guiderchachi