Geomate, JR.

We bought our Geomate, Jr when it first came out and enjoyed finding "bonus" caches on our caching runs. Even picked up an extra state on a road trip. We've found it to be very accurate and were eagerly awaiting the update kit. We ordered it as soon as it became available. Alas, no success in getting the update installed. I have tried several times following the basic instructions provided (it all sounds SO easy) but I've had no luck with this one. I'm not a real strong techie, but have had no issues installing other caching software on my computer.

Each time I try the update software, it starts the installation wizard and gets partly through the process and then causes my computer to re-start. Since I cannot get the software installed, I cannot get any farther in the update process. My computer uses Microsoft XP operating system.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, found a solution? HELP!

We bought our Geomate, Jr when it first came out and enjoyed finding "bonus" caches on our caching runs. Even picked up an extra state on a road trip. We've found it to be very accurate and were eagerly awaiting the update kit. We ordered it as soon as it became available. Alas, no success in getting the update installed. I have tried several times following the basic instructions provided (it all sounds SO easy) but I've had no luck with this one. I'm not a real strong techie, but have had no issues installing other caching software on my computer.

Each time I try the update software, it starts the installation wizard and gets partly through the process and then causes my computer to re-start. Since I cannot get the software installed, I cannot get any farther in the update process. My computer uses Microsoft XP operating system.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, found a solution? HELP!

Are you using Coogle Chrome as your browser?? My PC was in the shop and the techies ran into some issue using the update kit via Goggle Chrome. They could never get a bead on what the issue was or wasn't

G'day Grand Illusion Crew

My name is Warren (Waz) and I work for the company that makes the Geomate.jr and would like to help! We are really keen to get to the bottom of your problem. Rather than turn these forums into a support channel, can you please email me direct at warren@apisphere.com

Once I get your email, there are a couple things I would like to try to get you up and running as well as understand what went wrong in the first place.

Cheers

Waz

My geomate jr. update kit waon't work. After i installed it, i restarted my computer, and went to the geomate jr. site. Then i tried to update it and it said i haven't installed it yet. Can you please help?

If you can send me a direct email at warren@apisphere.com, I'll be happy to work through the problem and get you up and running!

Cheers

Waz

I have a geomate jr that was working like a champ for the last month or so no the son of a bugger will not update, nothing has changed I have tried with IE7 and firefox both of which was working no problem.... I get the flash programing failed error.

Just to note I have uninstalled and downloaded that latest software from the website, this didn't fix the issue.