Issue with Advanced Search

Tandembiker

:( When the block box is checked when doing an advanced search the search still brings up all of the caches that were found for the search criteria. Using Firefox 3.5 with XP SP3

I'm having exactly the same problem using IE8 and Win7. It has only happend since the site has changed.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Same here. It does it in FF 3.5.7 on my laptop w/ IE8 and on my Droid phone.

I contacted Groundspeak but all i got was a cookie cutter response:

Thank you for your feedback. We hear your concern and will be happy to pass this along to our Development team. With the latest release of Geocaching.com, we have modernized the site to allow us to move forward with future projects in an effort to better address the needs of our users. It was necessary for us to make these changes ahead of the site localization effort we have planned for this year. Localizing will enable us to provide the non-English speaking community with a more friendly site by translating common pages and navigation into various languages.

Our development team is aware and continuing to work out any bugs or issues that have come up from the latest release. If you run into any issues with usability of the site, please post them to the following thread:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=239821

If yinz have any more thoughts let me know

I am having the same problem. Searching for new caches and attempting to filter out my own finds simply doesn't work. I get a full list of all caches, found or not found.

After reading other threads on this forum regarding changes on GC.com, and the problems it has caused, I started trying one or two fixes that were suggested.

Since IE of various versions was blamed in most of the posts, I decided to download Google Chrome.

Having done that, I logged back onto GC.com and went through the motions of navigating the site. Many small problems were eliminated with the new browser (Google Chrome), however the situation with filtering out my finds has yet to be resolved.

Does anyone know for sure that this is a GC.com active problem? Can I assume that everyone is experiencing the same problem right now?

I would appreciate some input on this if possible.. thanks

Indeed. Also I see the Advanced Search Options URL not being composed properly.

If I add the &f=1 to the end of the url and hit return, the page that loads does not include my founds or owned caches.

If this is due to latest release then perhaps someone should post new this bug there (if that has not already been done).