If you love paper geocaching...

bflentje

If you still love to cache with paper and want to make the best of it in the most efficient manner possible, check out the newest release of Cache Report. A pet project I've tinkered with over the years. Yes, Gsak is capable of doing something similar but not nearly as quick and dirty as this little app.

http://www.bitdebris.com/downloads/cachereport.zip

For those that are curious, bitdebris.com is just another one of the dozens of stagnant domains I've played with over the years. Since 1992 to be exact.

Edited by bflentje

If you still love to cache with paper and want to make the best of it in the most efficient manner possible, check out the newest release of Cache Report. A pet project I've tinkered with over the years. Yes, Gsak is capable of doing something similar but not nearly as quick and dirty as this little app.

http://www.bitdebris.com/downloads/cachereport.zip

For those that are curious, bitdebris.com is just another one of the dozens of stagnant domains I've played with over the years. Since 1992 to be exact.

Nice. Especially for traditional caches.

I'm sorry but I simply don't get this program.

Download/Install/run - displays a drop down with 6 choices and a file browser.

No help file or instructions.

Go on give me a clue.

I was confused at first too.

It works with your PQ. Run a PQ then save the gpx file to your desktop. Then open up Cache Report, browse to your file on your desktop. 'Cache report' creates a report from the gpx file.

I hope that makes sense.

Now taking requests for v1.4. Remember, this is not meant to be the all-purpose tool as there's already an awesome set of tools on the market covering that niche. Keep requests within the scope of what Cache Report really is.. a (streamlined) paper caching tool.

I know you're probably a bit jammed up for horizontal space on the report, but a small 4 character field that shows the status of the last 4 logs (similar to GSAK's %last4 when sending waypoints to a GPS) would be immensely helpful. You're probably already familiar with this concept, but in the 4 character field, recommendations are F = found, N = not found, and you can do whatever you prefer for Note or other log types.

So one might see FFNF as a field with three finds and one not-found.

Edited by ecanderson

I know you're probably a bit jammed up for horizontal space on the report, but a small 4 character field that shows the status of the last 4 logs (similar to GSAK's %last4 when sending waypoints to a GPS) would be immensely helpful. You're probably already familiar with this concept, but in the 4 character field, recommendations are F = found, N = not found, and you can do whatever you prefer for Note or other log types.

So one might see FFNF as a field with three finds and one not-found.

While we do have a Last Found Date, I like your idea as it makes more sense. I'll add it to the 1.5 wish list and implement if feasible.