HamsterCaching

Zork V

Ummmm... What's HamsterCaching??

Hamster caching is where you place a live hamster in a cache and post it on the cache page. Then someone has to retrieve the hamster and place it in another cache. The object being to see how long the hamster lives.

It's common courtesy to feed the hamster when you move it along.

They don't do well in lamp post caches though. Something about the air supply in a film canister being insufficient.

Hamster caching is where you place a live hamster in a cache and post it on the cache page. Then someone has to retrieve the hamster and place it in another cache. The object being to see how long the hamster lives.

It's common courtesy to feed the hamster when you move it along.

They don't do well in lamp post caches though. Something about the air supply in a film canister being insufficient.

Oh dear lord. You mean you put the hamster inside the cache? OMG. I'll be right back gotta go!

Beer, you can give the hamsters beer in little hydration packs. This keeps them both fed and hydrated and happy.

Also the thread is now a happy place: hamsters AND beer!

NOW you've done it... That makes for really foul, damp, log books! :anicute:

OTOH... beer in hydration packs hmmmm big hydration packs... for cachers hmmm.

Doug

Beer, you can give the hamsters beer in little hydration packs. This keeps them both fed and hydrated and happy.

Also the thread is now a happy place: hamsters AND beer!

NOW you've done it... That makes for really foul, damp, log books! :anicute:

OTOH... beer in hydration packs hmmmm big hydration packs... for cachers hmmm.

Doug

I've never been able to find a good source for dehydrated wine, to carry when I'm backpacking. Any suggestions?

I've never been able to find a good source for dehydrated wine, to carry when I'm backpacking. Any suggestions?

Six ounces of everclear and a packet of grape kool ade will make a half gallon of trail wine. You could either bring sugar free kool ade for sweet trail wine or a cup of sugar and refular kool ade for a less sweet trail wine.

You're going to get a lot of replies. Don't believe any of them!

This is true.

Hamstercaching isn't real. It's just a joke.

:anicute:

I take offense to that, I hamster cache for real. I drop them off and retrieve them all the time.

Edited by Bergie Bunch

Have you noticed yet that some of them have tracking numbers tatooed under their fur? I find that it is most often on the left buttocks, but it does vary somewhat. Maybe that's just a regional thing. You do have to pull the fur back cross-grain a bit usually to see it. In fact, I suspect that many cachers don't even know it when they've got a trackable one, and just use them as living swag.

What irks me the most, BTW, is when I see them traded for a used golf ball.

Have you noticed yet that some of them have tracking numbers tatooed under their fur? I find that it is most often on the left buttocks, but it does vary somewhat. Maybe that's just a regional thing. You do have to pull the fur back cross-grain a bit usually to see it.

It is much easier to find on the males since their buttocks protrude further than the females.

You mean Hampsters are not Golf Balls?

No, but they can be used as such. Or so, I've been told. Terrible accuracy, though. Their dimples aren't in quite the right places. But I hear that they tee up nicely.

I put a hampster in a Chinese food cache container once. But people kept writing me nasty logs, and it made me sad. I archived the cache, but when I went to pick it up, the hampster had run away. That made me doubly sad.

I cried.

:)

Then I made a hampster power trail.

Edited by Sioneva
Have you noticed yet that some of them have tracking numbers tatooed under their fur? I find that it is most often on the left buttocks, but it does vary somewhat. Maybe that's just a regional thing. You do have to pull the fur back cross-grain a bit usually to see it. In fact, I suspect that many cachers don't even know it when they've got a trackable one, and just use them as living swag.

I'm not even entertaining the thought of asking what you were doing rummaging through the fur of a Hamsters butt to learn that little factoid! :)

I put a hampster in a Chinese food cache container once. But people kept writing me nasty logs, and it made me sad. I archived the cache, but when I went to pick it up, the hampster had run away. That made me doubly sad.

I cried.

Then I made a hampster power trail.

Are you sure you didn't make a Habi-trail?

I'm not even entertaining the thought of asking what you were doing rummaging through the fur of a Hamsters butt to learn that little factoid! :)

Please see post #16.

Geeze!! Some of you guys!!! Looking for the nano, of course. DOH!

This is true.

Please see post #16.

As well as post # 26.

And post #18

Edited by bittsen

This is true.

I take offense to that, I hamster cache for real. I drop them off and retrieve them all the time.

Suuure you do. :D:D