Bushnell Onix300 Help

I bought a brand new Bushnell Onix350 from ebay. I choose this unit, because all of the reviews said it is great for geocaching.

I got the GPS and loaded the pc companion that came with it hoping to load the "paperless" caches from there. Well that proved not to work. Then I downloaded GSAK hoping to load the caches in that way, did not work. I also read a forum to download GPS babble then convert them and then load them. I called Bushnell's tech support and no one there could help me.

So what I asking is for a step by step way to load caches off of geocaching.com and load them onto my GPS. Please use plain english, as I'm not a technogeek.

Please HELP!

Thank you,

Edited by Team Buttleman

I too bought an Onix 350, but have spent most of the week trying to download the maps from Bushnell.

I finally thought I had 2 downloaded only to find out they never went to the gps, only my computer.

I also spent a couple of days trying to download cordinates for a geocaching day, but have had no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have not been able to get ahold of Bushnell. I really thought when I got such a good deal on this it would be nice to have a gps that would talk to the computer. I didn't know this was the wrong brand to purchase. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I too am not a techno-whiz.

The Onix units do not provide the common definition of paperless caching. They have an extremely limited amount of information in the waypoint. You get 19 bytes for waypoint name. Period. No description. No hint. Not even a comment.

The GPSBabel betas support these units. (Please feel free to donate to that project if you find the Bushnell support useful.)

The units have been discussed several times in the forums. See http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...t&p=4195212 for one such thread.