OS Maps & Garmin Legend Hcx

Has anyone got these to work properly on a legend, ive tried following all sorts of instructions and managed to upload maps but and the big but is all the details missing. I have TOPO maps at the moment which has roads on it and the OSM equivalent doesn't seem to show hardly any even though it did on the computer screen.

So what Im really after is a can it be done?...the nice detailed maps on my computer, can they be put on my legend, if so how!!

TIA

Has anyone got these to work properly on a legend, ive tried following all sorts of instructions and managed to upload maps but and the big but is all the details missing. I have TOPO maps at the moment which has roads on it and the OSM equivalent doesn't seem to show hardly any even though it did on the computer screen.

So what Im really after is a can it be done?...the nice detailed maps on my computer, can they be put on my legend, if so how!!

TIA

Do you mean OSM maps or OS maps. If the OSM then they should work fine on a Legend Hcx, I used them for about a year before upgrading to an Oregon. If you are using the talky toaster maps then just unzip the map, rename the file to GMAPSUPP.IMG and copy to the memory card. The level of detail shown depends on the zoom settings.

TIA

Do you mean OSM maps or OS maps. If the OSM then they should work fine on a Legend Hcx, I used them for about a year before upgrading to an Oregon. If you are using the talky toaster maps then just unzip the map, rename the file to GMAPSUPP.IMG and copy to the memory card. The level of detail shown depends on the zoom settings.

Yup OSM and no matter what zoom level there is no detail whatsoever, even A roads are missing?

OS maps NO way

OSM maps Yes as they work ok on my Legend.

Found toastys maps and yup that works a treat and the detail is there. Although I got the routable ones is it possible to use this as a turn by turn satnav. Instructions say yes but all i get on the 'highway' page is yellow with a purple line marking a birds eye route so to speak..

I guess what I would like is the ability to use it to get me near to caches via road directions and then onto foot to find them.

Edited by HookwayFamily

OS maps NO way

OSM maps Yes as they work ok on my Legend.

Found toastys maps and yup that works a treat and the detail is there. Although I got the routable ones is it possible to use this as a turn by turn satnav. Instructions say yes but all i get on the 'highway' page is yellow with a purple line marking a birds eye route so to speak..

I guess what I would like is the ability to use it to get me near to caches via road directions and then onto foot to find them.

Think Ive sorted it, my nipper put it on foot rather than prompting, so road navigation appears to work now to!!