New Oregon 450 Help

CAAGD

I just bought a new Garmin Oregon 450. It's a nice little unit. However, I am having some difficulty hiding a geocache. I can't seem to locate or figure out how I see my current coordinates. I then want to average my coordinates. As I am walking, I'd like to see my Log/Lat coordinates. I can do this easily on my PN-40.

Thanks for the assistance.

CAAGD

I can't seem to locate or figure out how I see my current coordinates. ... I can do this easily on my PN-40.

See the signal strength bars at the bottom of the screen? Tap that icon and it will bring up the satallite screen.

That was easy! :laughing:

When you're at ground zero, go to the main menu, find the Mark Waypoint button, make a mental note of the number at the top, and press save. Back out to the main menu, find the waypoint averaging button. Find the waypoint with the same number you just made, and click on it. Press start, and put the oregon down somewhere near the geocache where it has a good view of the satellites. Wait a few minutes, and then press save. Now when you get back home to your computer create the cache page, from the main menu, press the Where TO? button, then the Waypoints button, then the button for the waypoint you created above - it'll show it on the map, click on the title bar at the top and it'll show you the averaged coordinates, which you can enter into the new cache page.

Sound complicated? Its not really, but if you've never done it before it may seem that way. Basically you're just creating a waypoint to store your location info for you.

You can use the satellite page and get the coordinates there, but they won't be averaged.

Also take a look here for answers to lots of questions like this - http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/

Edited by sduck