Missing Trackables

I enjoy picking up trackables (GC's & TB's) from caches wherever in the UK I happen to be and then dropping them off on my frequent travels around the country. However I am increasing finding that caches which say they contain either a GC or TB on finding and inspection, do not. Is this because people are taking them and forgetting to log them or are they being taken and then they are forgotten about? It's very frustrating, not least for the trackable owner who has probably forked out a fiver or more for each one!

Just a little rant on a Sunday afternoon!!

Agree also, we have a particularly nice coin that has been in someones posession now since August and despite several emails we have still had no reply and the coin has not been placed in any cache. Other than keep badgering them to move it what else can you do. It's getting to the point where you have to coinsider whether you really want to put coins out anymore.

Agree also, we have a particularly nice coin that has been in someones posession now since August and despite several emails we have still had no reply and the coin has not been placed in any cache. Other than keep badgering them to move it what else can you do. It's getting to the point where you have to coinsider whether you really want to put coins out anymore.

It would really be a shame if it came down to that, but I really don't know what can be done. I don't know about other counties, but here in Lincolnshire caches lacking what the listing describes are very prevalent. Of 4 caches visited yesterday, 2 didn't contain what was specified (trackables that is).

Another thing that helps is to keep a note with the TB or coin explaining how to log that you have picked it up. I know it sounds tedious but is does encourage people to log a find on the trackable item's page, not just mention 'picked up TB' on the cache log.

Praps gc.com should have a 'report' function when people pick up TBs and don't drop 'em off after a month. Not sure how you'd police it, though. :laughing:

Praps gc.com should have a 'report' function when people pick up TBs and don't drop 'em off after a month. Not sure how you'd police it, though. :laughing:

It would make more sense to add a list when you log your cache find. It gives you the option to click which TBs you left, it would make a lot of sense if it also gave the option to click which TBs you took.

Another thing that helps is to keep a note with the TB or coin explaining how to log that you have picked it up. I know it sounds tedious but is does encourage people to log a find on the trackable item's page, not just mention 'picked up TB' on the cache log.

If only that worked...I've tried that ! I have spent ages making special little inserts explainig how to log and how trackables work and then fixed them securely inside a holder for the geocoins and attached them by keyring to the travelbugs but that doesnt seem to matter, they still go missing. I wouldnt mind if people have lost them but I wish they would just own up, or at least have the courtesy to reply and say so .

Praps gc.com should have a 'report' function when people pick up TBs and don't drop 'em off after a month. Not sure how you'd police it, though. :P

It would make more sense to add a list when you log your cache find. It gives you the option to click which TBs you left, it would make a lot of sense if it also gave the option to click which TBs you took.

Excellent idea Team Tisri, how can this be initiated within GC.com though?

We had 5 tbs out of 8 go missing in January -I have now logged them as missing as the person who picked all 5 up has not responded to my 2nd +3rd very polite emails.... You are right, its very annoying, and I have previously done as suggested and made a note in my log saying they were missing, if the other cachers had done so we might have had more chance of tracing our missing 5....