GLONASS, Galileo, etc.

Are there any GPSr handhelds available that use all the satellite systems simultaneously?

What would it mean for accuracy if they do?

I was just noting that the new SiRF IV chips are capable of 48 channel operation per their spec sheet. I'm not clear what they're anticipating with a count that high, but one can only imagine that with a count as crazy as that, pulling in signals from both systems is where they're headed. Accuracy should improve during the less-than-peak moments where the US or Euro satellites aren't ideally configured in the sky for a given location. That said, I haven't yet heard of a purpose-built GPS manufacturer that is employing the SiRF IV, and of course, Galileo isn't functional yet, and I don't think GLONASS provides the better HP accuracy signal to any but "authorized" users.

Someone posted a URL where you could input your location and see the combined signal quality for the constellation configuration for a particular point in time (graphed) for the US satellites. Darned if I can find the silly thing now, and I have need of it. Anyone recall where that is?

Edited by ecanderson