did I do it wrong?

newdiscovery

Found a bug in a cache. I decided it needed to go to someone else so I left it in a bookstore among the travel books. (seemed fitting) Then I started panicking and wandered if someone would keep it or not log it. When I went back to get it, it was gone.

I REALLY hope someone will bother to read the tag and log it.

oh, I'm new to this, if you couldnt tell

Yes, you did it wrong. Travel bugs can only be logged from cache to cache. They are not supposed to be left just anywhere. They are a game piece in the sport of geocaching, and what you've just done it taken it out of play, and possibly lost it for the owner. I hope you can go back and ask the librarian if anyone turned it in. Please see the pinned threads at the top of this forum on how to log a TB, and the rest. Also see the link in my signature for more information. And in the future, please check the trackable's page to read its goal, and move it to another cache.

If you can't get it back, you'll need to send the owner an explanation, and they can release the copy tag, or hope it shows up, maybe whoever took it will get curious and check out what it is, and get it back into play.

Please, before you move any more, read the information.

yes, t4e, I did. I read they can travel "person to person" on the web page. I guess I misinterpreted it.

I'm really sorry :rolleyes:

it happens, i guess at least now you found out that the forums are a good place to come and get help

i didn't mean for my comment to come across as "i'm a know it all person", we've all been beginners :ph34r: