Web API?

candiazoo

I was wondering if there was some sort of API available to program against? Geocaching.com is great, but I like to tinker and would love to write my own home-grown application that can query our account info. and other information at geocaching.com.

Are there any published APIs that I can code against? Or unpublished? :D

Thank you!

I was wondering if there was some sort of API available to program against? Geocaching.com is great, but I like to tinker and would love to write my own home-grown application that can query our account info. and other information at geocaching.com.

Unpublished : yes. But only certain blocks of IP addresses are allowed (presume : iPhone, etc.)

That you can use : no, unless you're an approved Groundspeak developers. And I don't know how to get on that list.

Any other way of accessing it by code is a TOU violation and could get your account suspended.

Edited by Chrysalides

Unpublished : yes.

That you can use : no, unless you're an approved Groundspeak developers. And I don't even know how to get on that list.

Any other way of accessing it by code is a TOU violation and could get your account suspended.

Rats. O.K. I'll pick another fun project then. :D

There's a lot of fun things you can do with GPX files (esp. "My Finds"). You can also write interesting macros for GSAK. Or GreaseMonkey scripts to customize the interface of the site. And if you come up with something nice, please share! :D

There's a lot of fun things you can do with GPX files (esp. "My Finds"). You can also write interesting macros for GSAK. Or GreaseMonkey scripts to customize the interface of the site. And if you come up with something nice, please share! :D

If I do, I will. B)

I just get bored doing the same old thing... been programming in Java for work for 10 years now so I do fun things on the side in other languages. For instance, I wrote a math problem generator for my son in groovy, websites in euphoria, python, ruby, and php, bookmark manager in perl, ... you know, just dabbling for the sake of not loosing any other skills I might have once had. I figured I could write some customized information app for my wife... even tho' she generally uses the website directly or her iPhone.