Vancouver: What are some of the OUTSTANDING, Must See caches?

Snoogans

HI!

I'm headed to Canada for just a day trip either before or after GW8.

I'll be in the general Vancouver, Coquitlam, Surrey area caching after I cross the border.

I really only have time to do a few caches, so I'd like to do the best ones by word of mouth. I don't need to travel to all those areas. I just want to see what you crazy Canadians' idea of a quality cachin' experience in such a beautiful setting is.

Got any suggestions for me? ;)

Thanks in advance.

I'll be leaving these behind at the caches I visit:

f9e95d2c-cd58-4c20-badc-f0c37b3727d6.jpg

Any cache by QuigleyJones tends to be awesome.

My definition of a quality caching experience would be based on the place.

So heres a list of nice parks...

Stanley Park (I think every on goes here)

Pacific Spirit Park (UBC) (Very big park, Walk by the Beaty museum & see the whale skeleton)

Burnaby Mountain (SFU) (The architecture is quite nice)

Campbell Valley Park (Perhaps the best park in Surrey)

Queen Elizabeth Park (Nice view from the top)

Burnaby Lake (Nice walk around lake, to many "simple" caches)

Might also want to check out bcgeocaching.com

Any cache by QuigleyJones tends to be awesome.

Now that's my kind of confidence. I will try for one of yours. :unsure:

My definition of a quality caching experience would be based on the place.

To me quality comes from the experience and the setting has a great deal to do with that, but I also love clever containers, and fun hides. I'm not so fond of secret squirrel urban caching unless I'm with a group.

I live in the Armpit of the Universe, Houston, and most of my finds are from out of town on trips. It keeps my find count low and I'm quite certain that some day that will become fashionable. :)

You guys are lucky to live in such a beautiful setting.

Might also want to check out bcgeocaching.com

Will do! :unsure:

This is a great cache and is quite close to the border, and there are lots of other caches in Campbell Valley Park, as QuigleyJones mentioned, if you prefer the more rural caches.

If you are bringing your "gift horse" along, the trails are equine friendly :(

If you have a Garmin GPS, be sure to load up the NorthWest Trails Mapset.. Its a great resource, (although admittedly the Campbell valley park trails are not all that accurate as they were taken from the park map)

I just thought of one more that is quite good, although it may be a little farther east than you were planning on travelling. If you take the Aldergove border crossing that will put you right in between those two.

Thanks very much. Those 2 are bookmarked. I'll also be using the bookmarks on those pages to find other fun caches in the area. :)

Edited by Snoogans

Coquitlam has lots of wonderful caches. You should check out the Diagon Alley series by the wild wiggly beanz. Pearlwind's caches are always very creative. We have a great night cache called Connect the Dots by Mundy Park, which has lots of caches as well.

I am lucky enough to have a few of those smashed pennies from when I met you at Geowoodstock in Sacramento.

I am lucky enough to have a few of those smashed pennies from when I met you at Geowoodstock in Sacramento.

I have a 911turbos pathtag-like coin as well. I was just lookin' at that last week.

I'm thinking of making a big loop starting at the border and heading to see Vancouver first. I have a friend in Coquitlam, but she has fallen off the map. I was thinking to try for a Canadazuuk cache while I'm in the area if I have time. I kinda miss Zuuk in the forums.

I guess I'll get as far as I have time for... See you again at GW8!

Low cache find counts are indeed fashionable... I have given up logging finds..... and at that, there haven't been that many since I hit 500 and decided that was more or less it.

So today I sit on a gate near the current location of my moving cache. And the ole Magellan Meridian Marine is just not cuttin it. Can't initialize it properly... can't find my cache... drive up the road a bit, try to get it sorted out, not gonna happen. Go Back to Ross/Peardonville to give it one last try. Now, if it turns out the Silver Jetta wagon that had newly arrived was some caching family, I've got a Moun10bike geocoin and 25 caches up for adoption.... Couldn't get a word out of them edgewise, but I'm pretty sure there was a GPS in someone's pocket. I'm sitting on a fence wiuth a malfunctioning GPS, and that's how it ends?

We'll see.

Edited by canadazuuk