Map on Geocaching page.

Jffok

Before this latest update by Groundspeak I could click on the teardrop on the map on the bottom of the cache page. This would open up the map and show the other caches in that area and where they were.

Now this tear drop is a treasure chest and I can't get the map to open up. What is the newest secret here?

Thanks for the help.

The Geocaching.com Google Map link at the top of TTJ's screenshot gets you to exactly the same map. Just click on the lefthand side of your screen instead of the right. And enjoy the child waypoints that you will see on the new map where they are available. In a few weeks, most of you will be complaining if they put it back the old way, I suspect. This is a positive change, the way I see it.

You can now click the cache icon on the map and view the geocaching google map as well.
Very nicely done! I also like the move of the Feedback link to the left (I sure hope it wasn't accidental).

If JHolly sees you at GW8, say hi to me, too. He's my proxy.

You can now click the cache icon on the map and view the geocaching google map as well.

Cool. Hope to see you at GW8 or the 4th.

You're gonna be my proxy there, aren't you? You know... like those photocopied geocoins? You can photocopy my avatar if you'd like. Thanks.

You're gonna be my proxy there, aren't you? You know... like those photocopied geocoins? You can photocopy my avatar if you'd like. Thanks.

My cat has given me strict instructions of no dogs. But I'll proxy for you Dan! But you better get busy and grow a beard. B)

My cat has given me strict instructions of no dogs. But I'll proxy for you Dan! But you better get busy and grow a beard. B)

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/698570...27e3ec21dba.jpg

I have a bigger problem with the second more detailed map on the cache pages - using Firefox current version, it doesn't show at all, just an empty square. I really use it for a good idea of where a cache is around town, and miss it already. Is this some coding error between being compliant with IE and FF?

I have a bigger problem with the second more detailed map on the cache pages - using Firefox current version, it doesn't show at all, just an empty square. I really use it for a good idea of where a cache is around town, and miss it already. Is this some coding error between being compliant with IE and FF?

Firefox 3.6.6 here, works fine.

answer is in another thread go here..... answer

The Geocaching.com Google Map link at the top of TTJ's screenshot gets you to exactly the same map. Just click on the lefthand side of your screen instead of the right. And enjoy the child waypoints that you will see on the new map where they are available. In a few weeks, most of you will be complaining if they put it back the old way, I suspect. This is a positive change, the way I see it.

Don't let me catch any of you complaining, k?

I've noticed this on one of our caches pages too. I've had a look to see what the problem is and it turns out there's a bug in the cache page javascript. The cache has a waypoint with a name containing an apostrophe and it's that that's stopping the map from showing.

The cache in question is http://coord.info/GC142CP . The problem lies with the cmapAdditionalWaypoints.push() call.

I've noticed this on one of our caches pages too. I've had a look to see what the problem is and it turns out there's a bug in the cache page javascript. The cache has a waypoint with a name containing an apostrophe and it's that that's stopping the map from showing.

The cache in question is http://coord.info/GC142CP . The problem lies with the cmapAdditionalWaypoints.push() call.

I see the blank map when viewing that cache, too, although I didn't have any problems on others. Have you reported this to the new Feedback site yet?