DeLorme PN-30 discontinued?

Barely a year after it was first announced, the PN-30 is listed as out of stock on DeLorme's website -- and shows up on their "discontinued products" page. But... what's listed as discontinued also includes bundles with Topo 8 software. It may just mean they haven't got any PN-30s packaged up yet with the newer Topo 9.

Anyone tried to order one in the past week or so? I haven't been watching the prices lately -- anyone see a deep discount sale? Best prices I'm seeing are still in the $170-$180 range.

Edited by lee_rimar

Walmart listed them for 171$ awhile back but I no longer see them. I do see the PN-40 for 229$ though. I did read somewhere that they where discontinuing the pn-30's but still producing the 40's and shipping with Topo 9.0. The ones at walmart still say topo 8.0 which is no big deal because delorme will upgrade you to topo 9.0 for just the cost of shipping.

Edited by Team_Searchgeo

Since they did *not* include PN-40/Topo8 bundles in the list, I read the discontinuation to apply to PN-30s across the board. It doesn't seem like supporting something so similar to the PN-40 would be very costly, so I am left presuming that sales did now warrant continuing the line now that the PN-60 variants are being added. I guess that most people tend to opt for the PN-40 over the PN-30.