[Bug] Retracted listings, My Finds PQ and the My Profile

chriz

Hi there,

once I found and logged a geocache that has been retracted later (and not just archived). Now I noticed that this find is still included in the My Finds Pocket Query (and therefor in GSAK and the FindStatGen3 statistics) but this find is not counted in the "My Profile / Geocaches" and the Stat Bar. This leads to different find counters. So please include found but retracted caches when calculating the stats. Thanks in advance.

I may be wrong, but I think this behaviour just appeared after the recent update of geocaching.com. Has anyone noticed the same bug?

Greetings from Germany,

chriz

Hello,

thanks for your answers. I gave it a closer look, compared all my caches and finally found the "bug":

I jumped to the conclusion when comparing the different counters and didn't find the retracted geocache in the results of the All Geocaches search. But in fact it is included in Show all logs for: Geocaches... in "Your My Profile". So it wasn't that retracted one...

The thing was that I had a cache in GSAK marked as found, which I didn't found. Some time ago I logged it by mistake in name, but corrected that online on geocaching.com later (deleted my log and logged the correct cache). It seems that GSAK kept it wrong all the time :anibad:

Sorry for inconvenience,

chriz

Some time ago I logged it by mistake in name, but corrected that online on geocaching.com later (deleted my log and logged the correct cache). It seems that GSAK kept it wrong all the time :anibad:

Sorry for inconvenience,

chriz

GSAK doesn't delete all the logs that don't appear in a PQ and you wouldn't want it to. As you probably discovered, you just need to delete your erroneous log in the GSAK database.

Some time ago I logged it by mistake in name, but corrected that online on geocaching.com later (deleted my log and logged the correct cache). It seems that GSAK kept it wrong all the time :anibad:

Sorry for inconvenience,

chriz

GSAK doesn't delete all the logs that don't appear in a PQ and you wouldn't want it to. As you probably discovered, you just need to delete your erroneous log in the GSAK database.

I had that problem as well - took me a while, but I tracked the miscount to a cache which I logged as found, but the owner deleted my log because I logged the wrong cache and he was able to figure out that it wasn't his cache that was logged. It comes up in my finds pocket query every time I get it, and even though I lock it in GSAK, it still changes it to found and messes up my count, and I have to fix it every time I do the my finds PQ.

I had that problem as well - took me a while, but I tracked the miscount to a cache which I logged as found, but the owner deleted my log because I logged the wrong cache and he was able to figure out that it wasn't his cache that was logged. It comes up in my finds pocket query every time I get it, and even though I lock it in GSAK, it still changes it to found and messes up my count, and I have to fix it every time I do the my finds PQ.

If the log is deleted, I don't think you are getting it in the PQ. I suspect you still have the log in GSAK and need to delete the log there.