Repair Question

Cujo31

Hey gang,

Repair question for all of you....

I just got my (new to me) Venture HCx and still have my older Cx.

One, thing I have noticed is that through normal handling etc... and maybe a lil

moisture... is that the rubber ring that runs around the unit and covers the buttons

is becoming loose... and sliding a lil.

What can be done about this? Super glue? How does one reattach this without

running the risk of damaging the button fuctions?

Let me know.... :)

the HCX is a great new addition!

Cujo31

Sorry.....your right... I probably should have done a search....but was dealing with multiple mishaps here today and just posted the question... since I was in a time crunch...

I'll make sure not to trouble you scholars with my "simple" questions again without a search first....

jeez... :)

anyway....

Cujo

No worries Andy...

It was a complete bone-head on my part... I should have done that

first and was just not thinking... the answer is common sense... guess

I was just more or else concerned about button function after repairing it...

Cujo

Sorry.....your right... I probably should have done a search....but was dealing with multiple mishaps here today and just posted the question... since I was in a time crunch...

I'll make sure not to trouble you scholars with my "simple" questions again without a search first....

Go ahead and post your questions if you have them. No worries if they are "simple" questions that have been answered before.

That's all covered in the other threads, personnally I'd send it back to Garmin, others would prefer to fix it at home.
Can't recommend sending it back to Garmin - they'll just replace it with another band with the same adhesive that continues to be prone to melting down over time. Better to do it yourself once and have it done with forever. As I've noted in the other threads, the appropriate material just isn't easy to apply in a factory setting, but any user can do it easily as a one-off home repair. A thin coat of any good silicone seal (RTV) will not only provide water resistance, but could care less about heat, never becomes brittle, doesn't shrink, and holds the band securely. Just be sure it's 100% silicone. The aquarium stuff is probably overkill for bonding strength, but here's a sample

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...oductId=1419409

Just be sure you use some Goo Gone or similar mild solvent to get all of the existing gunk off first (see other threads, above).

Edited by ecanderson

Cujo31, Even though it is a rather late welcome since you have already posted several times, Welcome. There is not a person on here that has not asked a question that someone has not already asked before on this forum or on another one and in some cases the answer is not known and several heads have to get together to brainstorm. Worst thing of all would be to quit asking questions... no questions = no forum. No body wants to hear about what I ate for lunch, Ha, Ha. So keep the questions coming.

Spent time tonight cleaning everything with Goo Be Gone....

Cleaned up nice.... rubbed with a lil sandpaper....

And hit it with the silicon....

Was very careful around the buttons... used a Q-tip.

Wrapped with rubberbands.... and let it set over night.

Much nicer now....

thanks to all those who helped out...

Cujo31