Best Caches

Here are a few of my best cache finds to date.

1. My first cache find- Dangerous Dale's Lost Stash- GC663A

2. B-24 Crash Site-GCGARV (Crashed in the 40's all aboard died, Debris field is still on the mountain)

3. High in Arizona- (12,600 ft elevation)- GC4272

4. King's Cache- GCA70- Never found this, but drove right up to it....Weather was not right for finding this one....Passed it by, however it is still on my watch list and I get logs on it rarely...once a year or soooooo...

Without a doubt, the best cache I have found in the 4+ years I have been caching would be this one, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...22-ea0ea72c7e45

It would be the southernmost cache on the Australian continent, and requires a 7 to 10 day hike, or a 4 hr return flight to grab. I wanted the FTF on it, and although I missed it, the experience was amazing, the views fantasic, and the experience out of this world.

Without a doubt, the best cache I have found in the 4+ years I have been caching would be this one, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...22-ea0ea72c7e45

It would be the southernmost cache on the Australian continent, and requires a 7 to 10 day hike, or a 4 hr return flight to grab. I wanted the FTF on it, and although I missed it, the experience was amazing, the views fantasic, and the experience out of this world.

WOW! Can't beat that! I'm VERY new to GC but my favorite find so far was someone who replenished the cache each time someone found it with a CD from their collection. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Yesterday, I was going to walk over and find that cache, but I discovered there is an ocean in the way.

The BEST caching experience I've had so far is right here close to home in Waikoloa Hawaii, a cache named "Cave Hole Cache". Our party consisted of us, (Grandma & grandpa cachers) daughter, and 9 yr old grandson...We traversed the full length of an underground lava tube, over 1000 feet as best we can figure, before coming out the other end. We crawled for almost 2 hours through the tube (in total darkness had it not been for our flashlights)... I say "crawled" because there were tons of large boulders and lava debris in the cave adding to the difficulty. The cache was hidden about middleways through the tube in an area lit by daylight from a hole in the ceiling about the size of a frying pan. The light and fresh air was a very welcome break! We arrived back at our car bruised, bleeding, and dying of thirst, but VERY VERY proud of ourselves for finding this most AWESOME of caches.

Edited by leenah

Right outside of El Paso, Texas near Santa Teresa, NM there are 23 caches placed in the desert and they are placed to form a happy face from an aerial view. These caches are actually small sculptures that have been created by some very talented artists. These are amazing! Pictures are not allowed, and reasonably so these need to be viewed in person to enjoy the full effect. They are placed nearly a 1/4 mile from each other so this is going to be a few hours to find. But it is worth the trip. Being out in the desert it can get a little rough and hot in the summer. Near this location is a Maar volcano which also has a few caches. This is definitely an all day excursion. click on the link and open the map to view the aerial view of the caches.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...2b-e4585d81af88

:ph34r:

Edited by ladderman7

mailbox.jpg

This is my own cache so I haven't technically found it but most of the comments are about how this is their favorite cache so thought I'd post it!

Hint: you have to reach under the little one to get it which is under the big one

And if you come during a holiday you may see it dressed up!

manny.jpg

Or even during a yardsale!

63037_1549229124281_1041685331_1571677_6650904_n1.jpg

(yes my parents and I are crazy)

GC299AW Manatee Crossing And here is the cache