Log Maximizer Script Updated - Now can "Auto-Dip" selected trackables

The new site release brought the "Visited" option for trackables. This performs the old function of "Dipping", that is, logging a trackable you own into a cache, then retrieving it back into your inventory. But it does it in a single log, with a single action. Many people dip trackables to see what point-to-point mileage they rack up while geocaching, and to easily plot their travels on the trackable's map, or Google Earth.

But (there's always a "but"), you had to remember to set the drop-down selector every time. The latest release of the Log Maximizer script takes care of that. It even works if you keep your inventory hidden. Just check the box to indicate the trackable you want to use as your "dipper". You'll notice there are now two submit buttons. The one on the left will automatically set the drop-down to "Visited", and then submit the log to the cache page. The counter in the button tells you how may trackables you've selected. If you don't want to visit your trackables on a particular cache (maybe you're just posting a Needs Maintenance note), just click the standard Submit button on the right. If there are no selected trackables in your inventory, you'll only see the regular submit button. As soon as you select a trackable, it will appear.

auto-tracking.png

Log Maximizer Script page

Ah, can I log a small complaint? Perhaps a feature request is a better way to phrase it. Is there any way to remember the last state of the inventory list? It is nice it is collapsed, but if your going through a number of caches that you dropped trackables in having to toggle the inventory list each time is a bit of a drag. Other than that, neat job.

Ah, can I log a small complaint? Perhaps a feature request is a better way to phrase it. Is there any way to remember the last state of the inventory list? It is nice it is collapsed, but if your going through a number of caches that you dropped trackables in having to toggle the inventory list each time is a bit of a drag. Other than that, neat job.

That's possible. For right now, you can change the initial status from the menu. Right-click on the monkey icon in the status bar, go to User Script Commands, and choose the menu option for that.

Very nice.

I notice the dipping feature yesterday, very handy compared to before. Did not notice the auto check though. Even better thanks.

I try to log finds on iPhone in field as I go ( saves time later) can you try to work this dipping feature in the application for iPhone sometime please ???? If I Remember iris difficult to add trackables when editing a cach online onc back home.

Thanks

It is a nice feature - I wish it allowed a space to write a little note for the trackable's page. Yeah, I know I can just post a note to the page like always but this is making dipping so easy, I'm afraid I'll forget to go back. If I'm dipping someone's trackable, I like to write a little bit about the journey for the TB/coin owner.

Otherwise, this is a very nice update. :D

That's possible. For right now, you can change the initial status from the menu. Right-click on the monkey icon in the status bar, go to User Script Commands, and choose the menu option for that.

That works fine. Some how I missed the User Script Commands. Thanks!

It is a nice feature - I wish it allowed a space to write a little note for the trackable's page. Yeah, I know I can just post a note to the page like always but this is making dipping so easy, I'm afraid I'll forget to go back. If I'm dipping someone's trackable, I like to write a little bit about the journey for the TB/coin owner.

Otherwise, this is a very nice update. :D

Great idea.

Otherwise, this is a very nice update. :)

Great idea.

Otherwise, this is a very nice update. :P

Great idea.

I'll second what ThePetersTrio and bittsen have suggested. This new feature is GREAT. It would be nice to either allow the cacher to post a note for the TB log OR simply have a copy of the cache log placed into the TB log.

Thanks!

Great idea.

Otherwise, this is a very nice update. :P

Great idea.

I'll second what ThePetersTrio and bittsen have suggested. This new feature is GREAT. It would be nice to either allow the cacher to post a note for the TB log OR simply have a copy of the cache log placed into the TB log.

Thanks!

+10.

ReefPilot has one of my coins and he takes it all over. I really enjoy reading the logs and am quite happy he is taking my coin along on his trips. Adding some ability to include a log or a space for a log would be cool.

Is it just me or are others seeing this?

Windows 7 Ultimate, Firefox 3.6.8

When I try to install the script I get this error:

Error loading dependency file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/VrChk.js

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIWebBrowserPersist.saveChannel]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://greasemonkey/content/scriptdownloader.js :: anonymous :: line 144" data: no]

Am I doing it wrong?

Works great under Firefox 3.6.8!

Many thanks for your great work on this and your other scripts too!

Sadly, it doesn't work so well under Firefox 2.0, which I am stuck with on one comp due to being stuck with WIN ME. :)

Just in case an easy fix can be implemented for us retro-users, the 'auto-visit' column is created, but the 'action' drop-down list items are shown in there, and not the 'Auto-visit' checkbox. The 'action' column is blank.

The 'action' choices still work as before, so it's not such a big deal...

All this does is automate the selection of the drop-down selector to "visit". How the visiting function works is a Groundspeak issue. The text of the Visit log is predetermined by the site code. Nothing I can do about it.

If I'm dipping someone's trackable, I like to write a little bit about the journey for the TB/coin owner.

I've dipped trackables for others when I've visited caches at locations which might be diverge from the original goal of the trackable, and/or the cache might be the best place to leave a trackable. One of the things I always try to do is take a photo of the trackable at the location.