The SWAG Game

chrisandjanet

In pretty much every thread about SWAG degredation, someone trots out the line "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Lets prove that here by giving some examples.

I propose that posters name one SWAG item they think is trash (for example, a rock). The next poster suggests under what circumstances that "trash" would be considered "cool SWAG" to them (for example, a piece of volcanic glass on a card indicating where it's from and how it was formed). Then, post an item they consider "trash", and the game goes on

This is all very subjective, I know. But it might give some folks some good ideas for sig items or something.

Please, no angsty OT posts about how you don't like to trade anyway so the SWAG doesn't matter, or how rocks don't belong in a cache anyway because some two year old caching without his parents could choke on it or such.

First item: Speng bullet casing found on the trail

Used toothbrush? Ideal for cleaning that small archaeological find that you spotted close to the cache hide.

Used and out of date rail ticket, complete with punched hole to indicate it had been checked during travel.

I guess you can use it to pick poppy seeds from your teeth after eating a bagel.

A pair of filthy, damp cloth work gloves, with holes in most of the fingers (yes, I found these in a cache once).

Used toothbrush? Ideal for cleaning that small archaeological find that you spotted close to the cache hide.

Used and out of date rail ticket, complete with punched hole to indicate it had been checked during travel.

I guess you can use it to pick poppy seeds from your teeth after eating a bagel.

A pair of filthy, damp cloth work gloves, with holes in most of the fingers (yes, I found these in a cache once).

damp work gloves work wonderfully as a kidnap victim gag - what isn't it voilent fantasy Friday?

ok how about checking the oil in the geocruiser

handful of rusty nuts and bolts

How about a very old looking prophylactic. Fortunately this one is still in it's packet.

Why, that's just the thing I needed to keep the rain that's just started falling from getting the barrel of my rifle all rusty. (What, you don't carry a rifle when you are geocaching?)

And in return, I'm going to leave this nice religious tract.

In pretty much every thread about SWAG degredation, someone trots out the line "one man's trash is another man's treasure." Lets prove that here by giving some examples.

I propose that posters name one SWAG item they think is trash (for example, a rock). The next poster suggests under what circumstances that "trash" would be considered "cool SWAG" to them (for example, a piece of volcanic glass on a card indicating where it's from and how it was formed). Then, post an item they consider "trash", and the game goes on

This is all very subjective, I know. But it might give some folks some good ideas for sig items or something.

Please, no angsty OT posts about how you don't like to trade anyway so the SWAG doesn't matter, or how rocks don't belong in a cache anyway because some two year old caching without his parents could choke on it or such.

First item: Speng bullet casing found on the trail

this was left in one of my caches and finder even logged he/she put it in there. "busted part from nail clippers".

every day i have strangers coming up to me asking if i have any broken nail clippers. i have to tell them no. :huh:

A bottle of bubble solution that has leaked all over everything else in the cache?

I see that A LOT! its always the same cheap dollar store soap bubbles too.

the worse swag i saw was a ziplock bag that had "snow from utah" written on it. YES! the bag popped open and drenched EVERYTHING! who in their right mind puts snow in a metal ammo can and doesn't think its going to melt!

Fast food toy figurine with arms broken off. (Found this recently...)
how about that small pack of hot sauce from Taco Bell?
Pour the hot sauce on the wounded toy figurine to make its injuries more realistic, and let the battle to stop Evil Dr Porkchop continue!

How about a transit day pass from three months ago?

Pour the hot sauce on the wounded toy figurine to make its injuries more realistic, and let the battle to stop Evil Dr Porkchop continue!

the transit pass can alternate as a stretcher for said wounded toy when the injuries get the best of it.

a sheet of stickers, with out stickers.... only the shapes of where they were on the sticky sheet?

Used the old transit day pass to write down the coords to a really awesome cache spot I found on the way.

Left: a used popsicle stick (yes I saw this in a cache once).

The action figure needs a splint now that it's leg is broken

the transit pass can alternate as a stretcher for said wounded toy when the injuries get the best of it.

a sheet of stickers, with out stickers.... only the shapes of where they were on the sticky sheet?

A very interesting tic-tac-toe board, and the outline is usually a sticker, so you can shred that up into cool shaped stickers

pee (many forum topics about this, unfortunately)

A very interesting tic-tac-toe board, and the outline is usually a sticker, so you can shred that up into cool shaped stickers

The cache is very visible so I can use the pee to fertilize the plants around it so they can grow faster to hide the cache. ( Yes, urine can indeed be used as a fertilizer. Just google "urine fertilzer" )

What to do with this bouncy ball with a chunk taking out if it?

The cache is very visible so I can use the pee to fertilize the plants around it so they can grow faster to hide the cache. ( Yes, urine can indeed be used as a fertilizer. Just google "urine fertilzer" )

What to do with this bouncy ball with a chunk taking out if it?

Draw a happy face on it and put it on your car radio antenna.

Sea shell which I hope went into the cache container intact, but always end up broken-See these all the time.

Sea shell which I hope went into the cache container intact, but always end up broken-See these all the time.

Collect a bunch, and make a textured mural.

Half of an electrical pencil sharpener, minus the electrical part/battery compartment.

Which can still sharpen the dull pencil in the cache, if I insert and twirl the pencil properly.

I'll leave a very rusty bottle cap in exchange.

EDIT: to describe how to use the broken sharpener

Say that twenty times really fast:

Twirl the pencil properly! :huh:

Edited by AZcachemeister

Half of an electrical pencil sharpener, minus the electrical part/battery compartment.

Which can still sharpen the dull pencil in the cache, if I insert and twirl the pencil properly.

Twirl the pencil properly! :huh:

I'll take that bottle cap and add it to the others I have to make one of these.

bottlecap.gif

I'll call him Rusty.

But what about that sticky hard candy covered with lint?

Twirl the pencil properly! :sad:

oh so YOU ARE THE GUY leaving the rusted bottle caps! :yikes:

Poisin Ivy: Press and dry it, laminate it and carry it in my wallet as a reminder of what not to touch.

I'll leave in the cache a broken off fake fingernail!

Perfect! I'll affix that to the end of a stick (perhaps with some ABC gum) and it will make a combination back scratcher / hollow tree probe. Thanks!

To trade up, I'll leave a formerly adhesive googly eye with all the sticky stuff worn off.