New updates today?

I've heard the rumours...

Nano caches will be getting their own separate size classification and their own forum.

Groundspeak has minted small gold ingots which will automatically be awarded to those who log FTF.

The new breed of All-Weather hamsters will be available from the Groundspeak shop.

The date for The New Virtuals will be announced officially. (It'll be 1st January 2015, but don't tell anyone else, will you?)

Anyone else in the know? :lol:

MrsB

NEW iOS device updates are coming:

iPhone - support for retina display, and augmented reality geocaching mode. Use your camera view to locate geocaches like a "heads up display"

iPad - new support for iPad including a feature which automatically locates the nearest "large" caches

AppleTV can now be used with the Geocaching app, provided you connect it to a minimum 62 inch television, GPS, and generator. Find caches while streaming Splinterheads over Netflix.

I've heard the rumours...

Nano caches will be getting their own separate size classification and their own forum.

Groundspeak has minted small gold ingots which will automatically be awarded to those who log FTF.

The new breed of All-Weather hamsters will be available from the Groundspeak shop.

The date for The New Virtuals will be announced officially. (It'll be 1st January 2015, but don't tell anyone else, will you?)

Anyone else in the know? :lol:

MrsB

:lol::lol::laughing::laughing:

Maybe keeping notes on puzzles/multis while you're working on them?

I don't recall any puzzles I've worked on where text only notes were sufficient while solving them.

Might be useful for multis for holding the coords for the next stage if you haven't finished it in one outing but it would be more convenient to have it as a waypoint in the GPS.

The one thing that it would be handy for right now is holding the clues you get when working on a series.

FREE PONIES!

And kittens !

AND SOUVENIRS!!

Huh? Is this like cache icons++?

Yup... just noticed that myself. And here, I thought that "collecting" icons was silly. Foolish me! :lol:

Something tells me this is Jeremy meant by the cool thing that we'll all get for caching on 10/10/10 that wasn't a unique icon.

Wondering if we can somehow create these ourselves with our own caches or if this is a Groundspeak goodie only.

I hope I'm not sounding too negative. This could be a fun thing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

FREE PONIES!

And kittens !

AND SOUVENIRS!!

Yup... just noticed that myself. And here, I thought that "collecting" icons was silly. Foolish me! :lol:

Something tells me this is Jeremy meant by the cool thing that we'll all get for caching on 10/10/10 that wasn't a unique icon.

Wondering if we can somehow create these ourselves with our own caches or if this is a Groundspeak goodie only.

I hope I'm not sounding too negative. This could be a fun thing. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hmm better go caching on 10/10 just in case... :lol:

Nice. I see they're implementing User Notes on cache pages (!!)

Interesting idea and nice enhancement, but I wish it wasn't at the top of the listing, as it pushes the cache info down the page. If you don't use it, it's a blank box wasting valuable space at the top of the page, making you scroll down to see the cache info. At the bottom of the listing - that would be a great spot. Then it's there if you need it, but not interrupting the info flow otherwise.

Interesting idea and nice enhancement, but I wish it wasn't at the top of the listing, as it pushes the cache info down the page. If you don't use it, it's a blank box wasting valuable space at the top of the page, making you scroll down to see the cache info. At the bottom of the listing - that would be a great spot. Then it's there if you need it, but not interrupting the info flow otherwise.

I'm sure an update to GCTidy will provide a way to roll that up.

I'm sure an update to GCTidy will provide a way to roll that up.

The problem with relying too much on GreaseMonkey for reformatting the pages is that the scripts all too often get broken by these updates. Still, you're right... that is a way to get at least a temporary fix.

FREE PONIES!

And kittens !

AND SOUVENIRS!!

Hmm better go caching on 10/10 just in case... :lol:

Dont spill the beans, or Jeremy will fire you. :lol:

I can see personal notes as a good way to write notes about your experience that would otherwise be a spoiler if posted in your actual log. I will be using them.

The PAF network will really get a boost with this feature. Let's see... my personal note for that cache says, "Third spruce tree to the south of the flagpole, pill bottle about 2 feet up" :lol:

I see inactive caches are now appearing like active caches - no grey, no struck out text.
Where are you seeing that? I'm seeing the struck out text for disabled and archived caches on http://www.geocaching.com/my/geocaches.aspx and in my public profile tabbed listings.

Google map view, using Chrome browser.

Ditto. Same thing in map view for me, using Safari.

Fixed now. :lol:

Edited by hydnsek

I can see personal notes as a good way to write notes about your experience that would otherwise be a spoiler if posted in your actual log. I will be using them.

The PAF network will really get a boost with this feature. Let's see... my personal note for that cache says, "Third spruce tree to the south of the flagpole, pill bottle about 2 feet up" :lol:

Yes and for the finial coordinates for puzzle.

Also for how many DNF's without logging it. :lol:

And for lifeline.

And for last, to talk trash at the CO without anyone knowing it. :lol:

The PAF network will really get a boost with this feature. Let's see... my personal note for that cache says, "Third spruce tree to the south of the flagpole, pill bottle about 2 feet up" :laughing:

Yes and for the finial coordinates for puzzle.

Also for how many DNF's without logging it. :lol:

And for lifeline.

And for last, to talk trash at the CO without anyone knowing it. :lol:

Can we get this for SwineFlew's forum posts? :lol: